Can't distinguish between my largest holding and "Other"; Investment Dashboard Pie Chart

Options
Tom Young
Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
I happened to click on the link to the new investment dashboard and saw this:
My largest holding represents 49%of my portfolio but you sure don't see that on the chart.  There's lots of additional colors that could be used for the "Other" category.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't distinguish the names, either. I have 6 ETFs which begin with "Ishares Russell" and they're truncated on this chart. Even the pop-up tool-tips have truncated names. This whole chart is useless. Fortunately, there's a better one under Allocations.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Tom Young
    Options
    It's not a matter of distinguishing names it's a matter of distinguishing, on the pie chart, between my largest holding and my "Other" holdings. 
    If I'd taken the screen shot when the cursor was hovering over my largest holding you'd see it represents 49% of my portfolio, but the blue used to denote "largest holding" and "other holdings" appears to be the same light blue.  In other words, it looks like my largest holding represents 67% of my portfolio, visually.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I understand. I was pointing out another flaw in the pie chart.
    I wonder why your color sequence in the legend is different than mine.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    mine - on my laptop - seems to be ok..... R28.24
    except for the last 2 entries - same color :)

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As discussed here,
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20101471#Comment_20101471

going to edit > Preferences > colors and changing the Graph and chart colors to a custom setup and then back to the default fixed the duplicated colors for me.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On the issue of the truncated security names, I have renamed my securities so they start with the ticker.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    interesting looking at the other graphs - I am not showing the "Total" line....
    AHHH... another fun Quicken feature, the sub-window doesn't show everything unless you pull the overall screen taller.... no scroll bar - just assumes/demands you make the Quicken working screen large enough to display all that was intended...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Tom Young
    Options
    Tried doing Edit > Preferences > Colors and changing from the default color scheme, but can't seem to get it to work on this screen.
     On the first go around I changed the last color in the 11 bar default layout
    to red and saved that configuration.  That configuration was applied to the "See Where Your Money Goes" Total Spending chart on a Home page, but the pie chart on the Investment Dashboard was not affected, even after closing and reopening Quicken.
    On my second try I changed the first color bar on the "Graph and Chart Colors" screen to black.  Again, this change flowed through to the Total Spending chart, the color black represents the largest expense the color red represents the 11th largest expense, but back on the Investment Dashboard chart black now represents "cash", the 10th largest holding, and "Other" continues to be indistinguishable from the largest holding.