Quicken Cloud Transfers Among and Between Flies

Options
Henry
Henry Member ✭✭
I have two separate files in Quicken. Yesterday Quicken synced with the Quicken Cloud. It made a mess of my files. It sent 3 accounts from file 1 and duplicated them in file 2. It took 2 accounts from file 2 and duplicated them in file 1. There are no similar accounts in either file 1 or 2. Worse yet it took transactions from 2 accounts in file 1 and added them to 2 unrelated accounts in file 2. I am still looking through accounts to see if more errors arise. I called Quicken for technical assistance. I was on-hold for 1 hour. The customer service person I spoke with from Quicken did not comprehend the issues at hand. While I realize people are working from home, the background noise from the conversation was children playing and roosters crowing. I need Quicken to step up and resolve the mess their cloud created.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only way to create a separate file is to select File > Create Quicken File...  or associate a distinct Quicken ID with each Quicken file.  Otherwise, the Quicken files will share a cloud account (aka dataset) because they each contain the same internal file identifier.
  • Henry
    Henry Member ✭✭
    Options
    I believe when I created the 2 files they were created File > Create Quicken File...but the second file was created at least 3 years ago, while the first is over 15 years old. At this point I believe they need to be separated with Distinct Quicken IDs for each file. Not that I know how to do what you advise. Thanks
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Henry said:
    I believe when I created the 2 files they were created File > Create Quicken File...but the second file was created at least 3 years ago, while the first is over 15 years old. At this point I believe they need to be separated with Distinct Quicken IDs for each file. Not that I know how to do what you advise. Thanks
    This is how you would set the Quicken ID associated with a Quicken file:
    1. Select Edit > Preferences...
    2. Select Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    3. Select Sign in as a different user
    4. Enter yes
    5. Select Sign Out
    6. Sign in with the Quicken ID
    Note:  Distinct Quicken IDs would mean you would require distinct subscriptions.

Another approach to would be to use Create Quicken File... to create a distinct Quicken file and import the data from one of the non-distinct Quicken files.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-importexport-quicken-transfer-format-qxf-file

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Henry

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the community, although I apologize for the negative experience with Quicken Support.

I took the liberty of reviewing the case notes and listened to the interaction with Support and have submitted the details to our Senior Leadership staff so they may be aware of the situation and can follow-up with the Agent as appropriate.

Additionally, I have requested that a member of our Support team reach out to you to further investigate this issue so we can better understand what has happened and if necessary escalate to our Development teams.

You should receive an email within the next 48 hours from a representative asking to schedule a callback with you, please let me know if this email is not received.

In the meantime, I again apologize for the negative experience and please let the community know if there are additional questions/concerns that we may assist with.

Thank you again,

Sarah
  • Henry
    Henry Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. I await the opportunity to resolve these issues.
This discussion has been closed.