Downloaded transactions and reconciliation

Options
I download all my recent bank transactions and make sure everything is up to date. Then I transfer funds around between accounts to pay off my credit card bills. I then download again to make sure I haven't made any mistakes in the account transfers, then I reconcile my accounts. The next time I download account transactions from the bank, any downloaded transactions that have been previously reconciled are not recognized as such, so I have to go through all the downloaded transactions one by one manually to make sure there are no "new" ones in the batch. This is a real PITA. Is there any way to get Quicken to recognize the fact that some of the downloaded transactions have already been recognized?

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hello @agobeil

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using.

Is this happening to multiple accounts or one account? If one account or all accounts at one bank, what is the name of the bank?

Lastly, please Choose the Tools menu in the upper left then select Account List. Click Edit next to your account(s), then choose the Online Services tab at the top and provide the connection type being used.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • agobeil
    agobeil Member
    Options
    I'm using Quicken - Starter edition 2020 (Canadian version), version R25.24, build 27.1.25.24. My subscription takes me through to May 2021.

All my bank accounts are at the same financial institution, the CIBC (Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce). I'm using Quicken to manage all my accounts.

As far as the connection method, I'm set up for Web Connect.

Thanks
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @agobeil

Thank you for the response and providing those additional details, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

If you haven't already, please review the information and steps available here and let us know if the downloaded ID's are the same or different numbers.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • agobeil
    agobeil Member
    Options
    The ID's have different numbers. This is primarily an issue with transactions that have been reconciled.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @agobeil

Thank you for checking and confirming the downloaded ID's are different values.

With that information, I would recommend contacting Quicken Support for assistance with reviewing the log files that detail the internal communications between Quicken and the Financial Institution to determine the source of the duplicated transaction data.

Once we know the source, we'll know the next best steps to take to resolve this matter.

Please let us know how it goes with Support, thank you.

Sarah