Sort order keeps getting replaced

I have a sort order on all of my registers and quicken constantly resets my sort order. This is a new "feature" that cropped up about 1-2 months ago. What do I need to do to set and keep a sort order for all my registers that will not reset each time I open the files?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you check the register preference: select Edit > Preferences...

• dz@
    dz@ Member ✭✭
    Thanks, will give that a go. I went through all of my registers and set the sort for each one, closed quicken, reopened, and they seem to have stuck. I'll do a reboot tomorrow and see if they stick.
  • dz@
    dz@ Member ✭✭
    Well, I setup my sort on my banking registers. Went to my loan registers and set their sort up. Went back to the banking registers and they were messed up.

A new "feature" cropped up as well. I like the next register entry to be at the bottom of the page. Quicken is putting it at the top of the page.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @dz@,

I just want to understand exactly what you mean by the "sort order" of your registers.  Are you referring to the order that the accounts appear in the "Account List" on the homepage, or somewhere else?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• dz@
    dz@ Member ✭✭
    no, the order of entries in the register. i prefer all reconciled and cleared sorted with the uncleared entries at the bottom. this way I know what to look for when balancing my accounts.

Quicken keeps sorting by date. I also like the next entry to be entered at the bottom of the register. Quicken puts the next entry at the top of the register.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Okay - thanks for clarifying.  There seems to be a recent issue with the sort order changing (when it should not) which could be related to recent Quicken application updates.  Please see this message thread for more information:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7879135/why-is-quicken-changing-the-sort-i-have-set-in-my-registers/p1

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.