Bills and Income does not update

Refresh bills just gives a quick flash of something. Does not update. Does not give an error message. Validate shows no errors. Super validate gives message "Reset migration status for online bill." Does not help. Trying to delete Verizon online bill gives message that online payment is pending. That is not true. Using Windows 10 Quicken Premier R28.24. This has been going on for several days. Help!
Tagged:

Answers

• Hello @Sam,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I recommend that you create a copy of your data file by following the instructions provided below in an attempt to rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables.
    1. Go to File
    2. File Operations
    3. Copy...
    4. Leave the presets as is and click OK
    5. Wait for the copy procedure to complete
    6. Select New copy and click OK  

Once the newly copied file opens, try refreshing/updating bills again as well as removing the Verizon online bill to see if the issue persists or resolves. If it does persist, please, try validating and super validating again.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Sam
    Sam Member ✭✭
    Quicken Anja,
    Thanks for the quick response and suggestions. Unfortunately they didn’t work. The entire super validate message was:

[Wed Sep 09 13:16:12 2020]

File: "C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Quicken\QDATACpy"

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    No errors.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.
    Reset migration status for online bill.
    Analyzing securities.

Number of old style Buy/Cash investment transactions updated: 1/0
    No out-of-range security references found.

Super validation has completed.

I’m not sure if QEL is significant.

Additional information: I have 3 Citi Bills that say “Needs Attention”, successfully added and waiting for next amount due. They have been there for a while and not causing others not to update previously.

Thanks,
    Sam
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Sam

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you're experiencing this trouble.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review the online biller profile and research the issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Sam
    Sam Member ✭✭
    Thank you Tyka! I took a different approach and reloaded a week-old backup file and things seem to be working now except I have a number of accounts that say Successfully added and awaiting next bill. Three accounts (including Verizon) successfully updated.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Sam

Thank you for the response and for letting me know where you are at with this issue. I am glad to hear that the Verizon biller appears to be working.

If the remaining billers do not update, I would still recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review the online biller profile and research the issue further.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Bob Myers
    Bob Myers Member ✭✭
    I've had problems over the past two years. The Bill update is broken more often than not. Citi seems to march to a different drummer. My advice is to give up!