Quicken Win no longer exits after I click the X in the window, after syncing

Peter Isakson
Peter Isakson Member ✭✭✭
Most recent ver of Quicken Deluxe Windows.
When I exited, it used to ask me to sync, and if I said yes, it then asked to do a backup (I always do). It then exited.
Now, since the most recent ver update, I am asked to sync. If I say yes, it suncs and then simply returns to the main window. I have to click the X again to exit.

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello@"Peter Isakson" 

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I have a small thing to try even though it's fairly simple. Could we try turning it off and closing the program. Reopen the program and then reactivate it afterwards. The option can be found across the top by selecting mobile & web > Remind me to sync to quicken cloud on exit. I'll leave a photo down below where to find the option as well.

Try closing to see if we're able to close it while doing the sync and exit properly. It's a quick attempt but I'm not sure if it'll fix it. Once you get a chance let us know how and if it doesn't work we'll see what our next best option is.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Peter Isakson
    Peter Isakson Member ✭✭✭
    That did not help. After I exit, it does properly ask me if I want to sync, which I do, but after I do the sync Q does not continue on to exit.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    @Peter Isakson

Thanks for the update. The next thing we can try is a copy and validate. To do this we can follow the article here down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

It'll be the fourth step down. When you get a chance try it out and let us know if we're able to get the exit screen working properly.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Edit: This is also the step I'd recommend for the other thread as well. Could you also update me about what happens on that post. Thanks!

• Peter Isakson
    Peter Isakson Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I had already done that as a recommendation to fix another problem, no improvement. Note that if I get the dialog that asks me if I want to sync and I choose "later", it does proceed to the exit step asking me to back up. It seems to be that only if I perform the sync does it then return to the main window without going on to exit.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Peter Isakson

Thank you for trying the recommended steps, although I'm sorry to hear that issues persist.

May I ask, when exiting, after the sync completes, do you receive this dialogue window?

If not, please go to the Edit menu > Preferences > Alerts & Messages and click the "Reset Quicken Warnings" box and then OK to close the Preferences window, then try to sync and exit Quicken once more.

Does the pictured dialogue window above now appear? If so, does Quicken close successfully when "Exit" is selected?  Or does it still loop back to the main window?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • Peter Isakson
    Peter Isakson Member ✭✭✭
    I do not get the Cloud Sync Complete window. I tried resetting Q warnings as you described and it did not help - I still don't get that completion window and it still loops back to the main window.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hi @Peter Isakson

Thanks for checking and confirming that the Cloud Sync Complete window does not appear.

Silly question for you, if you go to the Mobile & Alerts tab in Quicken, what date is listed for the Last Sync Date?

If you initiate a sync from the Mobile & Web tab when not exiting Quicken, do you receive any type of error message or does the sync complete as expected?

Please let us know, thanks again.

Sarah
  • Peter Isakson
    Peter Isakson Member ✭✭✭
    I assume you meant the Mobile and Web tab. It shows the correct sync time stamp. If I use the Sync Now button it syncs and does not display any error. Also, I do see the correct transactions when I view it from my phone app.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hello @'Peter Isakson"

My apologies, yes, the Mobile and Web tab :)

I'm glad to hear the sync is completing correctly, that helps narrow down the area to troubleshoot.

Does the behavior change at all if you exit Quicken through the File menu > Exit Quicken option?

Let me know, thanks!

Sarah
  • Peter Isakson
    Peter Isakson Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    No. File>Exit and then Yes to Sync ends back on the main screen and does not go to the Backup dialog, or exit. I am surprised that this isn't happening to all, or at least some, other users, or when tested at Quicken.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Peter Isakson

Thank you for the response and the additional details, although I apologize for the delay in receiving a follow-up response.

I have additional questions to help further isolate the issue.

Can you please confirm the default location of your data file?

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-find-quicken-data-file-quicken-windows

Also, does the file name contain any spaces? Approximately how many characters is the file name?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Peter Isakson
    Peter Isakson Member ✭✭✭
    It is in "C:\Users\isaks\Documents\Quicken". The file name (not incl QDF extension) is 7 chars, all letters, no spaces.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Peter Isakson

Thank you for the response and additional details, that all appears to be correct.

I want to next try installing the recent Mondo patch, please navigate to Help > About Quicken and confirm the release that you are currently running.

If you are on the most recent version R28.28, please still attempt to install the mondo patch.

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

I want to see if this has any effect on the issue.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Peter Isakson
    Peter Isakson Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I did install the US ver of the Mondo patch and the behavior is the same. It did not help. Note that I was on R28.28 already, but did the install as directed.
This discussion has been closed.