Super Validate Freezes Quicken

Options
I'm trying to validate my file. If i do a straight validate I'm able to complete the process but with an error, (QEL: The old file was corrupt and only some of the data has been recovered).
If I try to do a Super Validate (Shift+Control) Quicken freezes and will not complete the process and I have to exit out of Quicken. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get the Super Validate to work? Thank you.

Comments

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Try File>File Operations>Copy first.  

Adding- If it won't copy then try holding Shift + Ctrl key, then click Copy.  You will get an ignore errors window, say Yes.  This means your file has some issues.  Looking back in time for a good backup that will super-validate may be a better option. Good Luck

Adding- QEL is not a critical file; it's mostly a downloaded transactions history file to screen out duplicate downloads. If you get the main qdf file component repaired, you may have to deal with some duplicates in your first OSU.
  • allgoodnamestaken
    Options
    Thank you for your quick response. I did have to resort to a previous backup. I should note that while performing the Super Validate process i received a "Quicken not responding" message. I kept hold down the shift+control keys and the validation completed with no errors.
This discussion has been closed.