Cashed checks not being imported /matched (BofA, Q Mac)

dpri56
dpri56 Member
For the last several months Quicken is failing to import cashed checks from Bank of America. Since November 2019 I've have 23 checks that have been cashed but fail to upload or be matched. I downloaded the text and excel versions of transactions from the bank and the checks show as cleared and the balance reflects the checks being cleared but they don't show as matched in Quicken. Any help with this is appreciated.

Comments

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited August 2020
    Hello @dpri56,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these difficulties in Quicken.

If you are still needing assistance, please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you're using.

Please also let us know the full name of the financial institution as displayed in Quicken, as well as the Connection Type being used.

You can find this information by going to Accounts>Settings, with the account highlighted in the left-hand Account Bar:

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• dpri56
    dpri56 Member
    I'm using USA Mac Version 5.17.5 (Build 517.34953.100), macOS 10.15.6. Financial Institution is Bank of America, Connection Type is WebConnect and I'm using "WEB Connect for Quicken 2018 and above" to download from my bank. My internet connection if fiber. I hope this helps.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dpri56

Thank you for the response and for the additional information, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response. 

Can you please confirm that your Band of America register is not filtered in any way? Below is an example of an unfiltered register.

Please make sure that you are on "Transactions" and not "Spending" as "Spending" will not show any deposits.

Also, Web connect involves navigating to the Bank of American website and downloading a QFX file and importing that file into Quicken. Is that the process that you use to download transactions?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • dpri56
    dpri56 Member
    My register is not filtered and I'm viewing transactions. I'm downloading using Web Connect as there's no option for QFX. Also, all other transactions import normally. It seems to only happen with checks that I write and are cashed.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dpri56

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for further assistance.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Support has the ability to review the log files and determine if an escalation is necessary to correct the issue.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • dpri56
    dpri56 Member
    Thanks for your replay. I actually discovered this morning that checks not matched are ones that I print from Quicken. Hand written checks are being matched so it appears that there's something about printed checks that Quicken can't match with the bank file.
  • I've been having a very similar problem for many months. Some cashed checks are downloaded while others are not. Also, other types of transactions, such as PayPal debits linked to my Bank of America checking account are not downloaded. I've seen no particular pattern. I'm running 5.17.6 Quicken 2020 Deluxe on OS X 10.11.6. This issue has made it very difficult and time consuming to keep my Quicken register reconciled with Bank of America. I've been using Quicken for more than 15 years and never experienced such a severe problem. Thanks for your help!
This discussion has been closed.