Quicken Mac stopped downloading the Amazon CC transactions

GenStu
GenStu Member ✭✭
I have a transaction on Amazon CC (Chase bank) dated 9/12 which I can see on the CC web site but for some reason Quicken does not download it today (9/14). Is something going wrong here? Quicken does not flag errors when I start "Update All Online Accounts".

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @GenStu

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I was taking a look to see if i had a similar issue and was able to have my downloads appear for the day. Has the transaction cleared on the banks side? If not that's likely why we haven't gotten the transaction just yet. Also are there any other occurrences of this happening or is today the first time you've noticed? If it's a singular transaction troubleshooting may not be a needed step just yet without a bit more information first. 

Once you get a chance can you share more details about the transaction and we'll see what we're able to find.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• GenStu
    GenStu Member ✭✭
    Hello Quicken Francisco,
    Thank you for your quick reply.
    I was able to download the transaction (with another new one) only after I went to "Edit "Amazon Visa" settings" and then "Change Connection Type" and then selecting the first option "Quicken Connect" (which I think I had before). It is interesting that changing the settings I had to go through an extra identification step when the bank sent me a code to my mobile phone. I am curious if this extra identification will be required in the future every time when Quicken connects with the Chase bank. And it is troubling that Quicken did not flag errors when it was missing the latest CC transactions, before I changes the settings.
    Regards,
    Gennady
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @GenStu

It sounds like you ended up re establishing the connection to chase more likely than not. That was another step I was thinking might help so I'm glad you were able to figure it out before I recommended it. As it goes for the extra step is because of the re authentication on chase's side. You should not be asked for it every time that you download in quicken. 

Over the next couple days take a look and see if you're receiving all your transactions properly. I believe you should be good to go but either way let us know!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.