Under Check # I have several categories, can they be edited?

Options
ekrubmeg
ekrubmeg Member ✭✭
I didn't see a quicken Category for just a question...
How can I edit the check # list. I have a few other things under their & some I don't use

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I assume you're referring to the drop down list that's available in the "Check #" column of a checking Account?
    If you click on the "down arrow" in that Check # column, down at the bottom of the list is an "Edit List" button.  Click on that to either delete or add user-defined items. 
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @ekrubmeg

It sounds like you want to edit the drop down list for the "Check #" field in a checking account register.  I have good news and bad news for you.  The good news is that you can "edit" that field by:

1) Clicking in that field, then pressing the down arrow, and selecting "Edit List" - see the snip below.
    2) Deleting any items you may have added, over time.

The bad news is that the standard "Quicken determined" items - the first 6 with check marks on the snip above - are set by the application and cannot be deleted.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• ekrubmeg
    ekrubmeg Member ✭✭
    Options
    OK, this is the craziest thing. I got on a thing where I was just checking on that top line to see the list.. My bad or bad weed or something. Curiously enough, now that I clicked on the block further down, I see the list as you show above. the real good news is that funny problem I was having has now disappeared. thanks to all that tried and did help. I just needed to get out of a rut of doing the wrong thing.. Thanks again