Quicken Deluxe 2020 Mac, account login

kvfritz
kvfritz Member, Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
Version 5.18.0 (Build 518.35844.100) Unable to connect to cloud account. Multiple password resets. No results. Able to login to web account.

Best Answer

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Are you getting any error messages when you attempt to login through the desktop Quicken Mac?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @kvfritz

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I have taken the liberty of reviewing your Quicken account using the email that is associated with your Community account, and I see that you were able to successfully sign into the Quicken website this morning.

Are you able to successfully sign into the program as well or are you still encountering problems?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • kvfritz
    Unable to login to the program. Unable to connect to Quicken Cloud dialog appears. I've sent info through Report a problem on the dialog as well.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @kvfritz

Thank you for the response and the additional details. May I ask that you please provide a screenshot of the screen that you are receiving?

To learn more about capturing an posting a screenshot to the Community, please see the information at this FAQ..

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • kvfritz
    edited September 2020
    No errors. I get an error if I put in the wrong password, but this is what I get with the correct login info.

• RickO
    That's the Quicken beta. Are you trying to connect to beta, not production? Do you use the same Quicken ID (email address) for both production and beta Quicken?

BTW, I am able to successfully sign out and back in to both production and beta.
  • kvfritz
    Yes, trying to connect to the beta. Tried the production and it tells me I need to renew my subscription. Subscription is good as it's set up on auto pay. I use same Quicken ID for both. You are able to login to my program using my login? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall? Just happened after the latest update.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2020
    (a) You can't post support questions about Quicken Beta here.

(b) Have you logged into Quicken.com to see what it says (Sign In > My Account) about the status of your subscription? You say it's good because it should be, but it's telling you it isn't. Just because you think it should auto-renew, that doesn't mean everything's okay. Have you checked? It should show "Active Until (some date in the future)"
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • kvfritz
    Contact support link in beta is to this support page.
    Account is good until 2/21 - CC is valid.
    No help - thanks!
  • StevenX
    StevenX Member
    I have the same problem. I can log into Quicken website, change passwords....
    But in the Application, when trying to change account setting (change connection type, add account, etc) I get stuck in a loop with the application not being able to connect to the Quicken Cloud server. Similar screens as User kvfritz.
    Quicken Deluxe (NOT Beta) Version 5.17.6 (Build 517.34958.100)
    Macbook Air MacOS Catalina 10.16.6
    Round and round with support. No fix. Firewall off/on. VPN off/on. Cookies and cash cleared. Norton LifeLock off/on. Keeps asking for cloud credentials. It DOES pproduce login error when wrong credentials, but produces connection fail message with correct credentials... so looks like server is seeing me log in, but immediately kicks me out? Tried loading Quicken App on my wife’s MacBook Air AND IT WORKED!... Something in my mac seems to be hampering the connection even though EVERYTHING else works of MY mac (website browsing, banking webpage, etc.). Suggestions?
  • RickO
    Try creating a brand new user account on your Mac and then try to use Quicken in that account. If it works, then you will know that it is something specific to your Mac login account.

Another thing to try: start the Mac in safe mode (google it) and see if works then.
  • mattcne
    mattcne Member
    edited October 2020
    Same [removed - language] problem and it all started recently. They did something to screw quicken up and support is clueless. Called and she was asking me to create a new administrator account so we could reinstall quicken for the third time which makes zero sense. Why do all of my other apps work fine and my network is fine and everything else is fine except quicken and they want to blame the computer. This is bad.
  • mattcne
    mattcne Member
    Same problems with build 518.35919.100
This discussion has been closed.