Can I have two investment porfolios for me and then my wife

:) Can I have two investment accounts and how to do that

Best Answers

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you and your wife have separate accounts at the brokerage? If so, then yes you would just set these up as separate Quicken investing accounts. 

For reporting, you can customize any of the reports to just include your accounts or hers. In the Investing Portfolio views you can also choose which accounts to include.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I answered the question in your topic before reading the question in the body.

Yes you can have multiple investment accounts, just select the plus icon on the Accounts bar to add another account.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • I don't want to add another account . I want to have another portfolio set up
  • I have a portfolio set up with both me and my wife's different accounts - how do I print out her report and then my own report? I assumed that I would have to have two separate portfolios to do this
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use 2 separate portfolio views out of the available 18. In 1 view, select only your accounts. In another view, select only your spouse's accounts. Give each of those 2 views appropriate names.
    The way to get there is the "Options" menu with the gear at the top right of the portfolio view.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I have a portfolio set up with both me and my wife's different accounts - how do I print out her report and then my own report? I assumed that I would have to have two separate portfolios to do this
    To print a Portfolio view or a report you are viewing, press Ctrl + P.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a portfolio set up with both me and my wife's different accounts - how do I print out her report and then my own report? I assumed that I would have to have two separate portfolios to do this
    There are a variety of standard REPORTS available.  Any of those can be customized to selected accounts, and further any can be saved to more quickly recall, and shortcuts to saved reports can be placed on the Quicken tool bar. 

It would seem you might be most interested in Portfolio Value or Portfolio Vale and Cost Basis reports to customize. 

Reports are more 'print' oriented while the similar portfolio views (Ctrl-U) are more screen oriented.     
  • Thanks for everyone's help on this matter