Quicken shows transactions pending on accounts with no activity since last update.

Options
After performing a one step update Quicken shows activity flags on accounts where there there is no activity.  It appears to be happening with accounts that are updated by Express WEB Connect.  When I select the flagged account and attempt to approve and accept transactions there are no transactions to accept.  The accounts updated via Direct Connect have no problems. 
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Well my problem was fixed but it took 3 calls to Quicken Support and about 8 hours of being line with the support folks.  The ultimate fix was to use the Quicken copy file process and establish a new file.  If you ever have to do this make sure to verify your accounts before you start to use the file.  In my case I found the accounts I had a problem with appear to be fixed.  However, another account did not copy correctly and was missing a lot of transactions. :smiley:

Answers

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This seems to have started after the update to R 29.9
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hello @Ron S,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Please, review and follow the troubleshooting instructions for this specific issue found in this support article.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the reply Anja.  Unfortunately, that does not answer the problem.. There is already no entry in the search field and automatic entry is already off.  This issue just started after the latest release R 29.9 was downloaded.

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hello @Ron S

Thank you for the response and let us know the results of the first step. If you have not done so already, I would next consider restoring a backup file.

If you know when this issue began, the best solution is to restore a backup created before this issue began.

If you do not have a backup to restore, Quicken has a built-in utility, Validate, that will correct many data issues. Please note this does not correct all issues and these steps should be taken if the other steps outlined did not resolve the problem.

1. Choose the File menu > File Operations > Copy.
    2. Accept all defaults and click OK.
    3. Open the New Copy when prompted.
    4. Choose the File menu > File Operations > Validate.
    5. Select the new copy created in step 2 and click OK.
    6. Perform a One Step Update and complete the Check the account register... section steps above again.
    If the issue persists after completing these steps, I would recommend contacting support for advanced troubleshooting steps.

Contact Quicken Support

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion.  One of the initial steps I took to attempt to resolve the problem was a file Validation (and later a Super Validation).  No errors were found in the file and that did not resolve the problem.  I contacted support this AM, they believe they resolved the problem but I am not so confident.  We will see what happens tomorrow morning. :smile:

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Well my problem was fixed but it took 3 calls to Quicken Support and about 8 hours of being line with the support folks.  The ultimate fix was to use the Quicken copy file process and establish a new file.  If you ever have to do this make sure to verify your accounts before you start to use the file.  In my case I found the accounts I had a problem with appear to be fixed.  However, another account did not copy correctly and was missing a lot of transactions. :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.