How do you sync Separate Accounts? (Q Mobile)

MarkyBCus
MarkyBCus Member ✭✭
edited August 2020 in Using the Mobile App
I'm using the latest Quicken for Mac with High Sierra and Quicken for iOS. I have a few accounts designated as Separate in Quicken, that I track for my family, etc. I would like to track them in Quicken for iOS and noticed they are not listed. Am I missing something? In checking the sync options in Quicken for Mac, I see that the accounts are listed, but their check boxes are grayed out and can not be adjusted. How do I see Separate Accounts in Quicken for iOS? Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited August 2020
    Hello @MarkyCBus,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your questions about syncing accounts to the Quicken Mobile App.

From your screenshot, it looks like the boxes that are grayed out are most likely Quicken Connect enabled accounts, which are always checked, as Quicken Sync services are required to download transactions for these accounts. 

You can confirm this for each account in question by navigating to Accounts>Settings, with the account highlighted in the left-hand Account Bar:

More information is available here.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie 

• MarkyBCus
    MarkyBCus Member ✭✭
    OK. But if those checked, but grayed out boxes are syncing, why are they not showing up in Quicken for iOS? I’m particularly not seeing accounts designated as “Separate”
    In Quicken for Mac. I would like to track these on Mobile.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Hello @MarkyBCus

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

I want to confirm a few pieces of information that could be causing these accounts to seem as though they are not appearing on the mobile app.

First, are you using the same Quicken ID?

First, verify that you are signed into the correct Quicken ID. The Quicken ID you sign into on the Mobile App needs to be the same one you use in Quicken on your computer. To verify the Quicken ID in Quicken on your computer, go to Edit > Preferences then Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts. On the Mobile App, sign out (located in Settings) then sign back in using the same Quicken ID you just confirmed you're using on your computer.

Next, are you viewing the correct data file?

In the desktop version, please navigate to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Servies, the file name listed is the file name for the data set.

Please sign in to the mobile app, here you can select which data file you want to view on the Mobile App. Please confirm this matches what is on the desktop version.

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • MarkyBCus
    MarkyBCus Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka I've confirmed that I am logging in to the same Quicken ID. I'm certainly using the correct data file on my Mac. As far as I know I am viewing the correct Quicken data file on my iOS device. There is no way to designate or confirm the file in Quicken Mobile for iOS, and I assume the file associated with the Quicken ID is what syncs. With that said, I want so far as to RESET my Quicken Connected Services Data on the desktop just to be sure. I logged out of iOS and logged back in. No joy.

Honestly, I'm either just missing it in the iOS interface, or it appears to me that accounts designated as "Separate Accounts" (see screen shot) do not sync. Can you confirm this? That would suck, if that is indeed the case.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @MarkyBCus

Thank you for the response and the additional details, although I apologize for any confusion.

To confirm the file that is being used in the mobile app, please sign in and select the "sandwich" menu.

There will be a file name and dropdown to allow other files to be selected.

At this time, I have a loan account that is marked as "Keep Separate" that I am able to view on the mobile app, however, I have a checking and savings account that is also separate that I am not able to see. 

I am currently performing additional troubleshooting to isolate the issue and see if this needs to be reported.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • MarkyBCus
    MarkyBCus Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    OK @Quicken_Tyka . 1st, you're referencing the Quicken for Android app, from the look of your photos. It appears similar to iOS and there is no option to choose. I simply have the file I sync listed, and it is correct. 2nd, I had reset my Quicken Connected Services Data on my MacBook Pro prior to this, and can confirm there is only one file to sync with now. Which might explain why there is no option to choose. (see screenshot)

From the looks of it, you are having the same issue, and this is indeed a bug needing to be addressed. For what it's worth, the accounts I have that are marked as "Keep Separate" are a checking, savings and overdraft account. None show up in the mobile app.

It's important that we should be able to view "Separate Accounts" in the Mobile app. I'm guessing since the implementation of "Separate Accounts" is fairly new in Quicken for Mac, there's just a disconnect with the iOS app (and Android, it seems) that needs to be worked out. Can we mark this as a known issue and have it addressed?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @MarkyBCus

Thank you for the response and for confirming that the correct file is being used. 

I was able to recreate this issue and was able to successfully recreate this in a new file as well.

I have gone ahead and reported this bug, I will be sure to provide any updates as they become available.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • MarkyBCus
    MarkyBCus Member ✭✭
    Thanks!
  • Joel
    Joel Member ✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue. Any updates from Quicken on a fix?
  • MarkyBCus
    MarkyBCus Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:

> It has been deemed that accounts that are marked as separate should not be syncing to the mobile/web app this is by design.
    >

THAT's an absolute drag. It would be nice to allow the user to define what they want to include. Just because I track something as "separate," doesn't mean I don't want to have access to it. Most of what I include as "separate" is for the express purpose of it not being included in my Net Worth, because Quicken doesn't appear to offer another solution. So, those accounts (elderly parents, joint accounts, children, etc.) I still want to track and reference. I don't think it's right to arbitrarily remove them from the mobile platform. If you must, when omitting something from the mobile/web app interface, I would think "Separate" should not be the delineator, but 'Hidden." And why are there even listings in the mobile UI showing "Hidden" accounts on the main Finances page?
This discussion has been closed.