I cannot save a Chase Bank password to the Password Vault?

The password I use for Chase Bank is rejected by the Vault but accepted by Chase. I have re-viewed Chase's requirements and tried many new passwords. All are rejected. I have started a new Vault.This does not solve the problem. It has worked in the past, but changed recently.

Best Answer

Answers

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    One suggestion I have is to ensure that Quicken is allowed as a desktop software by Chase.  You do this by going to Chase from a browser then Profile & Settings > AccountSafe > Desktop Software
    In a sense you are telling your financial institution to allow a 3rd party program like Quicken to access your data.  This is becoming more and more common.  I have a vague recollection that I had to do this and below is what appears in my Chase online account.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• AlanNH17
    AlanNH17 Member ✭✭
    Desktop Software is not listed under AccounSafe. It is now Linked apps and websites. I find no way to add an app or website. Everything works fine when I copy and paste my current password for Chase into Quicken's One Step Update Settings page. The same password is rejected by the Password Vault. "Chase could not use the password you entered."
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    It helps to know your exact version of Quicken as well as Windows.  I see the logic that if you can manually enter the password and it updates, then vault should accept it.  I suggest to contact/chat Quicken support directly.
    I know you wrote that you tried different passwords and same issue.  Do you have any special characters in your passwords and if so have you tried one without special chars (they will probably ask you to try that as a troubleshooting step)?  This is strange and perhaps a one-off bug.  [for what it's worth when I encounter strange behaviors like this, I do a complete clean uninstall and reinstall of Quicken and that sometimes fixes things]
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• AlanNH17
    AlanNH17 Member ✭✭
    Quicken Premier R28.28 and Windows 10 w/all updates
  • AlanNH17
    AlanNH17 Member ✭✭
    The problem appears to have been solved. As suggested, I dropped the special character and the Password Vault accepted the password. Of course, when I attempted an update, Quicken said the password was incorrect. When it asked for the new password, I inserted the missing special character and it works - so far. Thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.