double entries suddenly appear: auto and uncleared

EricVH
EricVH Member ✭✭
Each future transaction shown in the register as a bill/income reminder now also appears as a second "uncleared" transaction. How do I address this without removing the duplicates individually?

Answers

• Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    You can remove all the duplicates by holding down the Ctrl key and selecting each one with the left mouse button.  Once they're all selected, press the right mouse button and select delete, or press Ctrl+D on the keyboard.

If the transactions to be deleted are all grouped together, you can select the first one, then hold down the shift key,  and select the last one to highlight the whole block.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro
  • EricVH
    EricVH Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Rich, I will do this (it does involve choosing dozens of transactions.) However, I don't know how to prevent the double appearance of future transactions.
  • Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Well ... that's what I would like to know so you can avoid it in the future ... how do you think this happened?
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro
  • EricVH
    EricVH Member ✭✭
    I really don't know. I searched this forum but couldn't find anyone having a similar problem. If I figure it out, I'll post here. Thanks again, Rich.
  • jcnettles
    jcnettles Member
    This is happening frequently for me now. Did anyone ever figure this out?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @jcnettles,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community, however, since this is an older post that was originally created back in September of 2020, it is less likely to receive an answer now.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility and to potentially receive responses from other users who may currently be experiencing the same problem. Doing so will also assist us with better tracking ability in the event that this issue may result in an escalation being required.

Please be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages (if applicable) as well as the version of Quicken you have currently running (Help > About Quicken). The more information you are able to provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.