Quicken downgrade

Has anyone ever tried to move to the Canadian deluxe version from the Quicken Home & Business? I don't use the business features so the Deluxe is perfectly adequate. Tech support says they have no guarantee of success, "I just have to try". Because it involves cancelling one subscription, signing up for another (Deluxe) then possibly signing back up to H & B subscription, I am reluctant to begin this without some input.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Stobsy

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. You are able to downgrade to a different version if you'd like. The way it works is you'll have access to everything included in deluxe still but if you were using some of the business features you would no longer have access to them which locks them so they're not accessible. You'd still be able to get them back if you were to need the them by upgrading back. You'd still be able to download through quicken and track your investments as well. So in short here yes you're able to downgrade to a more suitable version and if find that you do need those extra features able to be bumped back up as well. Last thing I would recommend is calling in when you have a chance to talk to support so they're able to help sort it out.

I hope this cleared up any confusion but if you do have any more questions let me know! 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Francisco This sounds like a training issue with the person at Quicken Support.  @Stobsy said that they said "no guarantee of success", when in fact it is known and a common practice to go from H&B to Deluxe.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Stobsy
    Stobsy Member ✭✭
    Is there a particular process for the reimbursement and rebilling of the subscriptions when switching to Deluxe from H&B?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Stobsy

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you,

-Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.