Citibank credit cards - deleting transaction history and only loading last 90 days

When I do an update for Citibank credit cards (I have 2), I get "new" transactions for the last 90 days to accept even though I updated two days ago. My transactions were up to date as of then. Before I accepted the new transactions, I looked at my transaction history and it showed only an opening balance from exactly 90 days ago....all of the transaction history was deleted. This is before I even accepted the "new" transactions. Just downloading the updates caused the transaction history to disappear. There is no error message!

I then did a file validation and repair and it said that payments made to those credit card accounts were now flagged as going to "non existent" accounts. I checked Citibank and both accounts show as active and are correct on Citibank's web site.

Fortunately, Quicken maintains a backup file so I can restore yesterday's files.


  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have not done so, I would suggest running a file validate on the restored file. You want to be certain there is no additional data corruption present in the file before the download issue.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 11 Pro version 21H2
  • ghstudio
    ghstudio Member ✭✭
    I deleted and reinstalled Quicken, restored a backup from two days ago and ran a full update. It worked correctly. I'll update again tomorrow and see if it works correctly again.
  • ghstudio
    ghstudio Member ✭✭
    This is still an issue...when I do an online update, all citicard transactions for the last 90 days are found as new entries which would give me duplicates. If I load the backup that I made from yesterday, now an update all just updates current transactions. If I do nothing...the following day....just update all....I get the past 90 days again. The only solution is to reload the latest backup file each day.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

    Hello @ghstudio

    Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. With it sounds like when you download transactions the Downloaded ID's don't stay consistent. If you haven't already one thing I would attempt to try is to deactivate/reactivate the accounts.

    First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below.

    Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

    Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts.

    Once you're able to give this a chance let us know how it goes. 


    Quicken Francisco