Quicken Changed the Currency of my checking account - NEEDS UPDATING

I am well aware there is a whole discussion on this issue and a fix was posted here: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7798296/quicken-has-changed-the-currency-of-some-of-my-canadian-bank-accounts-to-usd-symbol-but-the-amount/p2

However, that fix seems to no longer work. I did exactly that and when I opened it in Quicken, it won't give me my account to link to as it sees the QFX file as Canadian transactions and the account as US. Only my Canadian accounts show up.

Is there a way around this .... it is so insane that Quicken has not fixed this ... and to create a new account and move over 25+ plus of transactional history is hours of work.

Please help. Thanks

Best Answer

• jonsamson
    jonsamson Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    So I figured it out - first thing I had to do was to delete the online connection with Quicken/bank. Then as suggested, I edited the QFX file by changing it to CAN instead of CDN. Once I did that second step, it opened up all the accounts regardless of currency to let me pick. Voila - account showed as Canadian after that.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jonsamson

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • jonsamson
    jonsamson Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    So I figured it out - first thing I had to do was to delete the online connection with Quicken/bank. Then as suggested, I edited the QFX file by changing it to CAN instead of CDN. Once I did that second step, it opened up all the accounts regardless of currency to let me pick. Voila - account showed as Canadian after that.
  • teevee
    teevee Member ✭✭
    > @jonsamson said:
    > So I figured it out - first thing I had to do was to delete the online connection with Quicken/bank. Then as suggested, I edited the QFX file by changing it to CAN instead of CDN. Once I did that second step, it opened up all the accounts regardless of currency to let me pick. Voila - account showed as Canadian after that.

I just upgraded to Quicken Home & Business Property Rental 2020 from Quicken Home & Business 2016. I tried my first download of transactions and got the message that "Downloaded transactions are in a currency other than US Dollars. Online banking can be used with accounts in US Dollars only [OL-227-A]

I tried what you said about changing to CAN but I only saw CAD not CDN. It still gave me the same error.

How do you delect the online connection with Quicken/bank?

Is there any way to get Canadian Transactions?

Thanks
    Tee Vee
This discussion has been closed.