All transactions gone

Options
I've searched for the answer and found similar, but not the exact, question.
Quicken subscription / W10
Just moved to a new PC and installed Quicken Deluxe. Moved data files over and opened the 2020 file. No transactions appear. I can see "Scheduled Transactions," but the register is empty. I've set Quicken to All Dates, Any Type, All Transactions, and Search box is empty.

The Accounts column on the left shows 3 accounts, as it should, but instead of "Checking," "Savings," "Credit card," I see the "NA's."

What am I missing?

Best Answer

• JLunis
    JLunis Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    >> I'm going to try and remove the old HD, connect it to the new PC with an >> adapter, and access my files that way.

worked perfectly. Thanks

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @JLunis

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is odd. Do you by chance still have access to the old PC? If you do I would recommend trying to grab a backup off of the old computer and try loading it into the new one to see if the issue again. 

If you don't have access did you bring the file directly over from the old computer or did you bring a backup? Also could you let us know what the file size is on the brought over file as well. If it was a backup try loading it back up again to see if we may just have not completely loaded the file.

Once you get a chance let us know some more details and we'll see what our next best step is.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• JLunis
    JLunis Member ✭✭
    Options
    Fan died in the old PC. 'expert' says the fan is proprietary and will take 3-4 weeks to get it in.
    Fortunately, I back up files once a week and have the copies on an NAS. The work file and backup file open, but both show an empty registry.
    File size 16,583451 bites.
    I'm going to try and remove the old HD, connect it to the new PC with an adapter, and access my files that way. But, that will take a few days. I'd prefer not to fall behind more than I am already.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options
    @JLunis

That's unfortunate to hear. Computer problems are always a pain. I don't see anything wrong with your file size so I'm wondering what exactly could be happening.  Once you do get a chance to try connecting your old hdd to your new computer let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • JLunis
    JLunis Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    >> I'm going to try and remove the old HD, connect it to the new PC with an >> adapter, and access my files that way.

worked perfectly. Thanks
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options
    @JLunis

Awesome to hear! If you do run into any other issues please let us know!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco