Minimum Balance for eBills (8 merged votes)

System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from: ebills on Mac - Minimum payment instead of full balance.

43 votes

Under Consideration · Last Updated

Submitted for review 14 Aug 23, QMAC-25579

Comments

• roadsterfoodie
    roadsterfoodie Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    I project my future balances on checking accounts by keeping careful track of the exact bill amounts coming up. When my ebill credit cards update, all of my projected balances go waaaay off because my checking account looks like it will pay off all of my outstanding credit card balances in full.

It would be really nice if this feature could be more flexible to allow the user to SET the desired future credit card payment among three options: Minimum Amount Due, Full Balance or Other Amount (which the user can set to an exact amount). 

This is analogous to what most credit card issuers allow on online banking sites.  The last option is what I would use because I am trying to pay off outstanding credit card debt at a point somewhere between minimum amount due and full balance.

Also, in the period between the last payment and the new statement for a credit card, the next scheduled payment for a credit card goes down to ZERO, which also throws projected balances way off, this time in the opposite direction. So at 2 points in the month for each credit card, I am having to chase down scheduled payments that are either way too high or way too low. 

[edited for readability]
  • Before a recent update, you could select minimum balance or statement balance for e-bill scheduled transactions in the register. Now it uses the statement balance and i can't figure out how to change it to minimum balance. It really screws up the register whenever e-bills update and defaults to full balance on everything. Even when I change it manually it will revert back next time I update. I'm to the point that I will have to turn off all e-bills in order for scheduled transactions to work correctly. It was working really well until the update broke it. Am I missing something?
  • Drew Biondo
    Drew Biondo Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Currently have my Teacher's Federal Credit Union (Long ISland, NY) Car loan linked to bill pay. When I make a monthly payment it attempts to send the loan balance instead of the loan payment. I then delete the transaction and correct .... but then the next payment always reverts to loan balance.
  • jgreenkee88
    jgreenkee88 Member ✭✭
    Mine resets the amount due each month to the entire balance EVERY.SINGLE. TIME. I have to reset the amount due each month each time it's downloaded into the register. Total waste of time!
  • jgreenkee88
    jgreenkee88 Member ✭✭
    Literally EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that this feature isn't currently offered.

I have moved your post to the ongoing Idea thread to add the ability to (insert Idea)

Be sure to navigate to the top of this post and click the up arrow to add your vote!

Ideas are reviewed by our development team to see what people would like to be available in the future.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Scott Rose
    Scott Rose Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2020
    On the screen located at "Bills & Income > Bills > All Bills > Next Instance", we would like to sort by the Account Name.

Yes, we can SEE the Account Name on the screen, but we can't sort by the Account Name. This was possible in Quicken 2007, but not the new Quicken for Mac.

Sorting by Account Name is especially useful when we are switching credit cards, and we need to update a whole bunch of bills that are all correlated to our old credit card. Having all the bills associated with a particular credit card appearing all together is very handy.
    -------------

Be sure to click the little grey triangle under the VOTE count in the blue banner below, so your vote will count (it may take a moment for your vote to register).
    (If it is black, your vote has been registered)

Your VOTE matters!

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    SO NEEDED!!!  I have over 150 scheduled transactions... without this, it is be VERY painful and error prone due to the risk of missing entries that need editing

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• bshopay
    bshopay Member ✭✭✭✭
    Currently, a credit card biller only allows the option of using the full balance as a payment option. Please add the option to select a custom amount or the minimum amount due. The windows version allows this - not sure why the mac version can't.
  • Jerry
    Jerry Member ✭✭
    I have linked eBills for my credit cards in Q (Mac) and set up recurring payments from my checking to the credit card accounts. On the Bills & Income>Bills screen when eBill receives the next month's credit card balance, the entire balance supersedes the credit card scheduled payment amount. When reviewing the Bills & Income>Projected Balances graph, the credit card appears to be "paid off" as the balance appears to be paid. How do I stop the credit card entire balance from over writing the scheduled payment amount?
  • in2ndo
    in2ndo Member ✭✭✭
    so when is the fix for this going to be available?
  • heywood4
    heywood4 Member
    This issue makes eBills basically a useless feature for me. It's ridiculous that we should have to go in and fix affected transactions every single time we open Quicken. I just had to delete a scheduled transaction series and reenter it because it would not actually let me change the amount for the upcoming payment in the register. For me, having an accurate forecast of my checking account balance is critical because I am self-employed and don't have a regular paycheck. Going to unlink all ebills and go back to paying these on my bank's website, where I can also schedule the payment ahead of time. So disappointed in Quicken.
  • Having the same issues and I agree, this seems like a no brainer to fix. I'm considering turning off ebills as well.
  • abnewkirk
    abnewkirk Member
    edited September 2020
    [Removed-Rant/Unhelpful]
  • This was a feature on my PC, i can't understand why Mac users aren't given this option. Now, I have to enter my bill and then go edit the amount I actually paid each time.
  • I have the same issue. Each and every time I open Quicken for Mac, the register changes to pay off the entire amount of a credit card. I have it scheduled for a specific amount since it's zero interest promotional and there is no reason to pay it off in full at this time. I should be able to set it and that's it.
  • I have the same issue, while I might want to pay the full ammount, it should default to minmum due and let me set how much I want to pay each month. seems strange that I can set the amount I want to pay, but when it gets entered it always puts the balance due. very difficult to budget when I have no intentions on paying off some accounts early.
  • MikeH2OSki
    MikeH2OSki Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    It would be nice if Quicken for Mac would allow setting the schedule payment to always you the full balance. This is a feature in Windows that I loved but recently switch to a Mac. Right now Mac only remembers what I told it to pay last time rather than automatically reminding me of to pay the outstanding balance.
  • Agree with everyone else. This is absolutely stupid.
  • Wade
    Wade Member ✭✭
    This feature is critical. It almost cost me $25K. Quicken, let's get to it!!!
    DWade
  • Lute327
    Lute327 Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Would like to have the feature to be able to select the following when setting up a bill reminder for a credit card:

- Current Credit Card Balance
    - Time of Year
    - Previous Payments
    - Fixed Amount

Quicken Windows Provides this feature which allows the bill reminder to be accurate without having to manually update.
  • hmr
    hmr Member
    eBills will be completely useless to me until I can choose the amount shown in the register/calendar for credit cards.
  • mtsingle93
    mtsingle93 Member ✭✭
    Hi,

I cannot figure out how to change the amount on a bill pay reminder. I have set up a Bill Pay reminder for my Chase credit card. There is a total balance, which is higher than the minimum payment. When I click to set up the reminder in the Transaction Details window, I enter an amount to be paid, which is less than the total balance. This bill pay reminder is linked to my checking account. When I view my checking account, the bill pay reminder appears in the transaction view, but the amount that appears is the full credit card balance NOT the payment I set in the Transaction Details window. Can someone please advise how to set a different amount for a bill that is not the same amount as the full balance? Is there not a way to set a reminder to pay a minimum payment for a credit card instead of the whole balance? This is not obvious to me at all.

Thank you.
  • EBS
    EBS Member
    edited March 2021
    I don't want my bill pay bills to show the entire balance on the credit card due - just the minimum. I put the minimum amount in the ebill and some show the minimum due in my checking account register and some show the full balance of the credit card. It really messes up my register because it looks like I need to make a giant payment and it skews my overall outlook in the register. Does anyone else have a solution to this problem? I've even tried removing and re-adding the e-bill.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @EBS

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that this feature isn't currently offered.

I have moved your post to the ongoing Idea thread to add the ability to choose which balance to display on an e-bill.

Be sure to navigate to the top of this post and click the up arrow to add your vote!

Ideas are reviewed by our development team to see what people would like to be available in the future.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • I just signed up for quicken subscription yesterday, and immediately noticed this problem, which makes cash flow planning useless. I'm assuming you will not be fixing it since this problem has been going on for two years. So I just cancel then?
  • sethbu97
    sethbu97 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    I know this is the wrong thread to ask this but I can't find the right one. [Post was moved]

In the latest version of quicken mac, when you link to an electronic biller - for example a credit card - it correctly downloads both the total amount due and the minimum payment due. But in the list of upcoming bills, it only lets you see the total due. Then when you go to click "mark as paid", it just adds it to your register. In the PC version, it gave you both the option of defaulting to the total due OR the minimum due, and then when you click to add it to the register, it also gives you a chance to confirm what amount you are paying. Anything like that in Mac world?
  • Hello All,

The status of this Idea has been changed to Under Consideration as it has reached enough votes and has been submitted to our Product and Development team for further review.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Please add this feature.