Help. Ending balance in register is the last transaction amount

For only one banking account, the ending balance in the Accounts Bar (I confirmed that the list shows ending and not current balance) AND the ending balance shown in the register for that account are showing the last transaction amount, which in this case is a payment of $2000 on 8/4/20, instead of the actual ending balance of $3469.19.

This account is not used often (most recent transactions were 8/4/20, 2/21/20 and 8/16/19) so I'm confident that the $3469.19 balance is correct. There are no outstanding payments or deposits.

None of the other accounts is behaving this way. How can I fix this so the ending balance shows correctly in the Accounts Bar? It's unnerving to see an account balance of negative $2000 when it should be positive $3k.

Thanks!

Answers

• Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    First make sure your register is in date order.  Click the date column header until the transactions are in ascending order. 

Post back with result. 
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro
  • My register is in date order. I sorted by some of the other columns before finally going back to sorting by date, and it didn't change the ending balance problem. Any other suggestions?
  • JoansieG2002
    JoansieG2002 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for that suggestion. I restored a backup file that was before the problem with the ending balance. I had to reenter account name and password to be able to download transactions. When I downloaded the transactions, the $2000 withdrawal was the only one to accept. When I did accept it, that's when the ending balance changed to that transaction amount. Grrr. I still don't understand why it did that.
    Hopefully, I can pick up from that backup file and reenter all the transactions for the past week or so. Ugh. There are SO many.
    I'm hesitating to reestablish the login to be able to download transactions because I really don't want to have to do this again.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @JoansieG2002

Thank you for the response and the additional details, although I am sorry to hear that the trouble continues to persist.

If you are still needing assistance, I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and research this further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.