Transactions not showing up

Options
I upgraded from Q2007 to Q for Mac in 2019. I just checked my Savings account and there are no transactions before 09/14/2019. I think at some point I played around with linking the account so I didn't have to manually enter and that is when it must have put an opening balance in. I have everything since then but not anything before. How can I just import all the earlier transactions? I exported a qif file from Q2007 but there does not seem to be an import option for that. Sorry if this is confusing. But I really need my earlier transactions from my savings account.

Best Answer

• Leslie Jones
    Leslie Jones Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I figured it out. Just had to find the right export/import file type (hint, I'm on a Mac but it was the Windows file format that worked). Then just getting rid of some duplicate transactions and I'm good. Thanks again.

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    First thing to check is that you don't have a Date filter set in the account register.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Leslie Jones
    Leslie Jones Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I don’t. That is how I discovered it. All my other accounts are ok except one that I had to do a large reconcile with just to have it match. But all the data is there except for this one account.
  • Leslie Jones
    Leslie Jones Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I really do not want to have to manually enter 10 years of transactions. As it is the “feature” of how they are treating hidden accounts now took forever to deal with.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Leslie Jones

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you're experiencing this trouble. 

If you are still needing assistance and haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Leslie Jones
    Leslie Jones Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Tyka, thank you. I created a new file and imported the .qif and everything is there from my 2007 Share account. Now how to I import that into my current file? Meaning the one I am using that does not have this data? Remember, it is only 1 accout.
  • Leslie Jones
    Leslie Jones Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I figured it out. Just had to find the right export/import file type (hint, I'm on a Mac but it was the Windows file format that worked). Then just getting rid of some duplicate transactions and I'm good. Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.