Ignore manual reminder but change months left on the reminder

theblantons
theblantons Member ✭✭
I used to be able to do this feature when the quicken software was not the hosted service. But over a year ago I lost the capability to add manual reminders. And then when going through the reminders, essentially I have already downloaded transactions from my bank and so I don't want to enter the reminder, I want to ignore it for this month but for it to change the months left. I create reminders as more of placeholders for bills/deposits. So if I have 12 months left on a bill, I want to be able to Ignore that reminder and have it move to the next month and change to 11 months left. But it no longer shifts the months left, it moves the date to the next month and keeps the same bills left. So I have to manually go into each bill and change the next bill date and months remaining. Any thoughts on this.

Best Answer

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a bug to me.  I tried it and such enough if you have a count for the number of times for to use the reminder, and you select Ignore, the counter doesn't go down.  It should because you have just Ignored/skipped one of the instances.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • theblantons
    theblantons Member ✭✭
    is there a good way to report bugs? I worked with support last year. Built a brand new file from scratch and put in a reminder and was able to reproduce the issue. Just wanted to verify it wasn't my file. If there is a way to submit this, I would be more than happy to.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    As a workaround I see that if instead of using a count I use stop date, then Ignore does cause it to move to the next one and decrement the count.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • theblantons
    theblantons Member ✭✭
    ok, i will convert the transactions i have to stop date to resolve this. that would definitely help me.
This discussion has been closed.