Does anyone know how to get Q2007 to download transactions?

Does anyone know how to get Q2007 to download transactions?

Been using Quicken since 2004, and stopped "updating" at Q2007 as each update took away necessary financial functions. It still worked perfectly, but suddenly stopped downloading transactions May 15, 2020 with the dreaded OL-209. Some accounts I could download & transfer by QXF file, but not the important ones.
Nothing on my computer had changed, meaning that something else had.
Despite the terrible experience I had with Q2015 for Windows (using it for a non-profit), When the Quicken Support Person told me they had fixed all the problems in Q2020, I bit the bullet and forked out the money for Q2020. What a disaster. My budgets were lost. My stocks were completely messed up. It kept about 10% of the "reconciled" information and duplicated 100's of transactions, so I literally had to hand correct those those transactions to my original Q2007. Then it started posting the wrong amount for my Mortgage to the wrong categories. Oh, and it lost 1000 QuickFill transactions.
And don't get me started on the interface - it's a nightmare. NOTHING stays where I put it, and I have to take my hands off the keyboard to click on a symbol just to ENTER a transaction. Meanwhile, it is next to impossible to close and save one. Enter just re-opens it. You have to enter, then down arrow. So completely counterintuitive.
So, about 100 hours to get it updated, and I still don't know if everything is correct in the older accounts. That's phase 2 of the project.

So my advice is don't change unless you have to.

Meanwhile, does anyone have any "tricks" on how to get Q2007 to work again? PLEASE?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    There is no way to get Quicken 2007 to download transactions. Period. Those services have been discontinued. Quicken had been notifying customers this was coming for several years. You can use Quicken 2007 to manually enter transactions if you wish, and if you commit to remaining on a macOS prior to Catalina. 

I won't go too far into detail on your complaints about the modern Quicken Mac, as you seem to want to complain more than asking for help in adapting to use it. (For instance, you can easily save one transaction and open a new one with Command-N -- one keypress without removing your hands from the keyboard.) I'll say that most of us who moved from Quicken 2007 found it jarring at first, but many (not all) of us have grown to like the interface. When I switch back to open Quicken 2007 now, I find its interface feeling dated and not as easy to work with. There are definitely some ease-of-use things about Quicken 2007 I miss, but overall I've found that after I let go of "this isn't how it worked in 2007!" and focused on unlearning old muscle memory to do things the new way, the modern Quicken Mac is (mostly, not completely) a pleasant experience for me.

As for the transfer from Quicken 2007, there are things that aren't transferred because they are implemented differently now. So yes, budgets don't transfer and need to be re-created. QuickFill in 2007 and 2020 are similar but different, so the import from Quicken 2007 doesn't create QuickFill rules. But every transaction in Quicken 2020 auto-fills based on the latest transaction for the Payee, and you can then tailor the Payee with a QuickFill rule for how you want it to come up in the future (with or without memos and amounts, preferred category); you can also have multiple QuickFill rules per Payee for those where you alternate among different categories.

Most people find Quicken 2007 transaction data transfers pretty cleanly. But the Quicken 2007 database had a number of problems with corruption, so it's possible your old data was damaged when it was imported. (If you had just recently done the import, I'd suggest you go back to do a few database maintenance tasks in 2007 and re-import, but it sounds like you've moved too far forward to be worth going back and re-importing.) 

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    . (If you had just recently done the import, I'd suggest you go back to do a few database maintenance tasks in 2007 and re-import, but it sounds like you've moved too far forward to be worth going back and re-importing.)

IF needed, you can actually export from one QM2007 database and re-import into another.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.