Is anyone getting an error saying can't sync category when syncing from Mac

Options
Just this week, I started getting this error when I chose to sync from my Mac laptop. It is a general error and gives no specifics. I have been entering my data as I always do... nothing has changed.

Best Answer

Answers

• DannyV
    DannyV Member
    Options
    It is a "Category Sync Error" and that is all it says
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Hello @DannyV

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you re experiencing this trouble.

If you have not done so already, I would start by resetting the Quicken Cloud.

This can be done by navigating to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services and choosing "Reset."

This will take a few moments to complete, upon completing please let me know if you receive the same error. If not, please attempt to sync once more to see if the error has been resolved.

Please let me know how it goes!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • DannyV
    DannyV Member
    Options
    I already did that and still get the same error. So non specific I don’t even know where to look. I think this started after the latest update.
  • ericdsa
    ericdsa Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have been getting the error for a week or so as well. I tried what you proposed, no bueno. I went looking and turned off Web mobil app syncing which fixes the issue, but creates the new issue of no mobil app or web access.
This discussion has been closed.