Cancellation of annual subscriptions

Where do I cancel my annual Quicken subscription on the Quicken home site. I went into my account and could find no link to do this???? I also could not find a long distance free phone number to contact them.

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMHO, the easiest way to drop your subscription is to login to your account and make sure that Auto-renew is set to Off. As you near the end of the current subscription period you will get reminders and can choose whether to renew or not.
  • Frazzle
    Frazzle Member
    edited October 2020
    Thanks for that information but I don't see any account details when I sign into My Account. Perhaps you need to subscribe to Quicken Premium Support in order to be shown that information. [removed-rant] I'm signing in to my account at https://www.quicken.com/canada/
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The edition level you are subscribed to doesn't matter. If you have signed on to the correct Quicken ID (email address), you should see the same information, provided you have ever successfully subscribed to the Canadian version of Quicken Subscription aka Quicken 2020.
    Might you have a second ID? Or might you have subscribed to Quicken US instead?
    When in Quicken, please click Help / About Quicken. This will tell you what version and edition you have installed and what Quicken ID you are registered with.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Frazzle,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question, though I apologize for any inconvenience and/or frustration you may have experienced.

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Frazzle
    Frazzle Member
    Still can't call up any information about my account! I'm running Quicken 2020, version R25.24, Build 27.1.25.24, Edition - Canada. There doesn't appear to be a Quicken.ca site only the Quicken.com site. When I open my account at quicken.com/ my-account there is no information on the page. I can't change my password or payment method or cancel auto renewal of my subscription. The only thing I see at the bottom of the page are 2 past purchases of Quicken 2019. There is nothing there to click on to get any more detail. I'd sure like to understand why I can't access my account information????
  • Frazzle
    Frazzle Member
    OK here is what I've found. I'm using the Google Chrome browser and it always seems to default to the American Quicken site even when I enter the Canadian Address. When I enter https://www.quicken.com/canada/ it always goes to https://www.quicken.com. My personal account information is not available on the American site. At first I thought my VPN might be causing this since my VPN location was in the USA. Disabling the VPN made no difference. I also disabled all my browser extensions and again no effect. Then I tied the Microsoft Edge browser and it connected to the Canadian site with no problems and all my account information was there! Why Chrome won't connect to the Canadian site is really baffling? I did notice however that while using Edge with my VPN location in the States I could only connect to the American Quicken site. Turn off the VPN and it connects once again to the Canadian Quicken site.
  • Frazzle
    Frazzle Member
    Ok I got things working in Chrome. First no matter what browser you use your location must be seen as being in Canada. You need to turn off any VPN that's giving you a location outside of Canada. Next clear all your Google Chrome browsing data. Finally, I had to disable a setting for the Malwarebytes browser extension I have installed in Chrome. Turn off the Ads & Trackers setting for this extension specifically on the Quicken website. After doing these 3 things I was able to open the Canadian Quicken site and access my account information with no problems. Hope this helps others who encounter a similar problem.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    This is NOT a VPN issue (at least not strictly) as I have the same problem and do not use a VPN. I have raised this issue to Quicken more than once months ago. So far, crickets....

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Frazzle
    Frazzle Member
    I concur, it does not seem to be solely a VPN issue. A VPN does seem to have an effect, at least in my case, of preventing me from fixing the issue if the VPN is on. The issue seems to get corrected by turning the VPN off and clearing the Google Chrome browsing data. I'm unable to fix the issue unless I first turn my VPN off and then clear my browsing data. After doing this I can turn my VPN back on and the correct Canadian Quicken home page still loads. However if I again clear my browsing data again while running the VPN it causes the American Quicken site to come back again. I can only get rid of the American Quicken home page by repeating the process of turning off the VPN again and once again clearing the browsing data. If you're not running a VPN the fix for you should be much easier. Simply go into the Chrome browser and clear the browsing data. Click on Chrome's settings ( 3 vertical dots in the upper right of the window) ---> more tools --->clear browsing data ----> clear data button. Now the browser will open the Canadian Quicken web site rather than the American Quicken website. At least that's what worked for me, so hopefully that might work for you also. If that doesn't work try this. Open a new incognito window. Go to chrome settings --> New incognito window --->enter the URL address of the Quicken Canadian Site. That worked on my machine to allow me to open the Quicken Canadian homepage. Good Luck!
  • Frazzle
    Frazzle Member
    also if you're running Google Chrome with the Malwarebytes Extension loaded and turned on, try disabling it. You might want to temporarily turn off any other extensions just to see if that makes a difference.
This discussion has been closed.