Is there an "everything else" bucket when making a budget?

Hi all. When creating a budget, Quicken automatically populated values in a large number of categories based on past spending. I changed the budget for categories that are important to me, but now I have left over money remaining. I would like to have just an "everything else" bucket that will capture all the other categories that I don't need to budget for but I can't seem to see if that is an option. Thanks for the help!
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• keroberous
    keroberous Member ✭✭
    That's unfortunate, but thank you for your response.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are you categorizing these transactions "that I don't need to budget for"?
    To individual categories or to a Catch-all category that you created, "Misc. Expenses" or "Unallocated Expenses" or something similar like that?
  • keroberous
    keroberous Member ✭✭
    What I mean by don't need to budget for is that I don't feel the need to delineate between them to such a great extent in my budget. Right now they're being categorized individually but I suppose I could create a catch-all category as you suggest. The only problem is that even though I don't feel the need to budget for some of these categories, it would be useful to see where I was doing more spending.
This discussion has been closed.