Why do stock holdings asset class sometimes change to "unclassified"?

I maintain an asset allocation report. On occasion after a one step update a stock will change from a defined asset class, e.g., large cap, to an unclassified asset class. This occurred with Pfizer on 10/7/2020 and on others on numerous occasions. Running version R29.16 on Windows 10.

Answers

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    You are not alone.  It happens quite often.  The provider feed is frequently incomplete.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have the box checked to download the asset class from Quicken's third-party provider
    then that's where it's coming from. 
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    You are not alone.  It happens quite often.  The provider feed is frequently incomplete.
    Agreed.  At times, it makes the asset classes not useful, particularly (for me) when the MF asset allocation percentages go off-track.  Currently my asset data looks very good though.

Specific to Pfizer PFE, I get it downloaded as a Large Cap Stock as of this morning (10/07).  You might try another update, and make sure editing Security Details includes the Download Asset Class info checkbox.   
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alternatively, you can un-check that box and specify the asset class yourself. That's what I do. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Thanks Jim. I think this is the best approach.