Budget for a specific credit card

How do I set up a monthly budget for 1 credit card? For example: Budget for this credit card each month is $1,000. I've googled and tried but the budget functionality wants income etc.

Best Answer

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not clear exactly what you're asking for here.
    Do you want to set up a Budget for that one credit card only - and that information might be either the charges you incur on the credit card or your payment of the monthly balance - or is this referring to a "line item" within a more comprehensive budget, again, making the distinction of "charges" or "payment." 
  • Sorry about that! So I have a credit card (BofA) and I want to watch on a monthly basis if I go past $1,500.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you haven't actually answered my question, but for that sort of thing I'd probably opt to use an Alert in Quicken that will notify me that I've exceeded that amount.
    Tools > Alerts Center > Setup > Click "+" next to Banking > Select "Credit card limits > enter $1,500 in the "Remind me at" column next to credit card.

• It would be for 1 credit card and charges only. So I am not concerned about payments to the credit card.
This discussion has been closed.