Share balance is waaaayy off for a fund in a brokerage account

Hello
I have a brokerage account with several mutual funds whose balances matched the statement 3 weeks ago. Today I see one fund whose share balance jumped from 854 to 1713 as a result of a purchase of 0.61857 shares. 

What can cause that? Did the database get corrupted somehow? I visited the 3 previous transactions to the one of the jump and manually entered the share amounts again, but the balance remains wrong.
The balances of other funds are also wrong within this account. What can I do? Again, they were correct 3 weeks ago, and there haven't been many transactions to this 401k account that gets 2 updates a month.
Thank you

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    suggest doing a validate and repair and recalculate the share balances... File>file operations> validate and repair 
  • Nalgas
    Nalgas Member ✭✭✭
    suggest doing a validate and repair and recalculate the share balances... File>file operations> validate and repair 
    Thank you Mark
    I tried what you suggested, and the weird numbers remain.
    In the register view, this particular fund shows the right share balance of 4039.54, but in the Holdings view, it is doubled to 8078.70 for some reason.

I would wipe out the account and start over, but it has transactions since 2016, and the brokerage firm's website only allows downloads of a year and a half. So I would have to manually enter 3.5 years worth of transactions that happen every paycheck and for 13 funds.
  • Nalgas
    Nalgas Member ✭✭✭
    @Mark Steinman
    I had 19 placeholder entries that I hadn't seen before. I forgot about that tab at the bottom. Duhhh.