Using the investment reporting software

Options
Hi. I'm new and wanted to know about tracking a share portfolio. Buys Sells Dividends etc..
I'm hoping the program will track % of stocks including dividends SPP Franking credits and so on... Is there a preferred program that will do this? I currently use sharesight but it is very basic and doesn't keep history or include dividends. I used to use the portfolio tracker with quicken over 10 yrs ago paying a subscription every month but it shut down without warning taking all my history with it???? Kate

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @kate arthur

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question, although I apologize that you have not received a response. 

If you need assistance choosing the best Quicken tier for you, I would take a moment to visit our website to compare options.

https://www.quicken.com/compare

Please let us know if you any additional questions!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @kate arthur  I suspect you are not a US taxpayer (based on the "Franking Credits" reference).  The Quicken program is US and Canadian oriented and does not directly track franking credits.  The may be a way to do it, but it would be abnormal and a work-around.  

Further, I suspect you might have been Australian and using the package put out by Reckon under the Quicken name.  They moved off of that about 10 years ago. 

If all that is true, I suggest Quicken is not likely to be helpful to you in all the ways you seek.  The Deluxe and higher editions will track stock portfolios but again US or Canadian oriented.

HTH  
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Google search brought up links that suggest that a "Franking credit" is Australian.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP