CC-601 with paid loan account

mrbill
mrbill Member ✭✭
I recently paid off a car loan that was being monitored by Quicken. Now when I do an update I get the error CC-601. I have tried to deactivate the account, but I’m told there are outstanding transactions that must be dealt with first. I can find NO outstanding transactions.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the Account now at $0, or is it still showing a balance?
    The problem with these "download" liability Accounts is that you have no access to the loan register and are entirely dependent on whatever the bank is sending you.  The Quicken discussion about this code
    might help.  It may be that the financial institution's own delay in processing the final payment - the "loan closing" process - is what's hanging thing up.

• mrbill
    mrbill Member ✭✭
    Already read the discussion. Account has zero balance (I paid it off) and last transaction was September 2020. I tried to deactivate, but error says I have transactions that have to be dealt with. As you say, there is no access to the transaction register. I also have another loan account that is still active and tells me I have transactions to be dealt with, but again I have no access to them. What to do? This is annoying. Tried to chat with support. Fired it up and it said 6 minute wait. After 15 minutes I took a shower, made breakfast, vacuumed around the house, always checking back with the chat and it's still saying connecting.
  • Tom Young
    If your Quicken Account shows zero, then I see no need to do anything else, except maybe hide the Account.  If the Quicken Account still shows a balance, then I might contract the financial institution and ask what's going on.  You'd think that the final payment principal amount would download just like, presumably, all previous principal payments did.
    To convert that loan Account to a manual Account this
    should do it.
  • mrbill
    mrbill Member ✭✭
    Thanks Tom for your effort. I have hidden the account with the zero balance. Initially there was no issue, but now I get the CC-601 error every time I do an update. I suppose I could just ignore it, but it is annoying. Guess I don't have much choice though.
  • Tom Young
    Since I've never had a downloading loan, I really don't know the answer to this question: Is there no way to stop the downloading process, similar to Deactivating an Account from Online Services?
  • mrbill
    mrbill Member ✭✭
    Can't deactivate because there are uncleared downloaded transactions.
  • Tom Young
    Did you attempt to convert that loan to a manual loan?  Do you have any idea what that reference to "uncleared downloaded transactions" is referring to?  I assume you got some sort of final statement from the lender, can you see anything there, like maybe some small "settling up" adjustment?
    Since I've never actually had a loan where information was downloaded to Quicken I'm a bit at sea here.  You might have to resort to actually calling Quicken support to see if they can fix it.  ( "Chat" as a support channel is, in my opinion, generally terrible for any question that can't be answered with a simply "Yes" or "No." )
  • mrbill
    mrbill Member ✭✭
    Thanks again Tom,

The CC-601 went away. Can't convert to manual because of "outstanding transactions". I can live with this. I'll just ignore the little red flag on my other loan account. Consider the issue closed.
This discussion has been closed.