Catagory Transactions don't show up in Budget

Options
I am having an issue with Quicken Mac as follows. I have created a new category and have set a couple of expenses to this category. When I look on the home screen pie chart the expenses are listed in that category. However, when I go into reports or budget there are no transactions listed in that category. I called support and he suggested the only way to fix this was to create a whole new Quicken file. This seems ridiculous to me, I have spent countless hours customizing this file and the transactions/category/budget in it. Has anyone else encountered this issue and have a fix/suggestions? Note: It was working fine for months and everything showed up and now it is not working. Thanks!
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• meganinja110712
    Options
    Thank you! I tried this and when I set up the new file it didn't have any budget in it, so I made a new one, and I still have the exact same problem.

The categories that weren't showing up before were tax related that I created myself, so I tried to just use the built in ones this time and they are still not working. Specifically not showing up in budget or reports but do show up in home. Is there something about the "Taxes" category I am missing? This seems odd to me to also not work with a built-in category that comes with Quicken.

Thank you for the help!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Thank you for trying the steps and following up with additional information.

I tried to see if I could replicate the issue with both created and default tax-related categories, but was unable to do so.

When customizing and adding the categories, did you also check to make sure the appropriate account(s) using the categories are selected on the bottom-left of the Edit Budget screen?

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.