How do I create a budget with just annual amounts and no actual numbers?

How do I create a budget with just annual amounts and no actual numbers? Or at least print it that way? I need a real Budget for a Non-profit to vote on. In Q2007 this was the default budget mode. In Q for Win there is the option to show just the annual total which got rid of the months. To get rid of all the "actual" transactions, I just used future dates (custom dates). Having a hard time finding how to do this in Mac version.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @ellyenne A few things to note:

You can change the orientation of the budget printout in the Print dialog box. You can also in the same place set Scale to Fit 12 months to page, 6 months to page, or 4 months to page -- more months means fewer pages, but smaller text.

As for an annual budget, as you know, Quicken is personal finance software, so it isn't always geared to running a company or organization. For an annual budget for a non-profit, I would be inclined to export a budget to a .csv file just for the categories, and then enter your budget values in Excel or Numbers. Or you could enter the annual budget values in January in Quicken, export, and in the spreadsheet lop off all the other columns. I think creating your budget this way in the spreadsheet beats trying to create something in Quicken. (I did the books for two non-profit associations using Quicken in the past, and always did the budget in Excel rather than Quicken.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    If you just want a blank budget with goals and no actual amounts (for presentation purposes), here is what I suggest.

1. Go into your budget you have setup (likely with actuals displaying)
    2. From menubar, Budgets:Duplicate Budget
    3. Click on the "Edit Budget" below the name.
    4. Change the currency to anything else other than what your original is (likely US $). This will cause all actuals to drop to zero as you have no transactions in the foreign currency.
    You can print this out/export it. The only way you will see it is a foreign currency is at the upper right.

You can delete this duplicated budget when done from the same Budgets menu.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @ellyenne A few things to note:

You can change the orientation of the budget printout in the Print dialog box. You can also in the same place set Scale to Fit 12 months to page, 6 months to page, or 4 months to page -- more months means fewer pages, but smaller text.

As for an annual budget, as you know, Quicken is personal finance software, so it isn't always geared to running a company or organization. For an annual budget for a non-profit, I would be inclined to export a budget to a .csv file just for the categories, and then enter your budget values in Excel or Numbers. Or you could enter the annual budget values in January in Quicken, export, and in the spreadsheet lop off all the other columns. I think creating your budget this way in the spreadsheet beats trying to create something in Quicken. (I did the books for two non-profit associations using Quicken in the past, and always did the budget in Excel rather than Quicken.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.