Quicken for Mac Slowness

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Slugish performance after last update.

Comments

• RMTompkins
    Options
    I have the same problem "The drummer" described. I am running Mojave 10.14.6 and Quicken 5.18.2. It takes over a second for a new entry to open and a couple of seconds to mark an entry as cleared. Quicken used to perform these and other tasks instantly.
  • The drummer
    The drummer Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Still having this issue. Someone on the original topic (https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20118838#Comment_20118838 ) asked me to restore an old backup to see if problem persisted. The thing is: what if the old backup works fine? Should I waste weeks of work because of a problem from Quicken? This is clearly a software performance issue and Quicken should be able to solve it. It is very frustrating paying $52 per year and have poor client problem solving.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @The drummer  It is quite possible, perhaps even likely, that the development team isn't aware of the problem you're experiencing. They don't read the comments on this forum. The Quicken moderators on this site can pass on bugs, but only if they are able to replicate them. You could, and probably should, try to contact Quicken Support by phone to have an agent share your screen and see what you're seeing. They also have the ability to pass documented problems up the chain, but they mostly try to solve a user's problem in any way possible -- so trying a restore from a backup, or even export and import into a new file (which maintains transaction data but loses lots of other things, like reports) are common techniques -- rather than conduct detailed investigative hunts for bugs. As a result, it's unfortunately sometimes hard for an issue affecting a very small number of users to get documented, tracked down, and solved. 

One thing you can try is Help > Sanitize File. A sanitized file is your actual data, with all the names of Payees, Securities, Accounts, etc. replaced with generic names so there is no personally identifiable information remaining in it, which makes it viable to provide to the developers for testing. If you create a sanitized file, you can test it to see if it still exhibits the same slowness as your real file. If so, you can go to Report a Problem to submit a description of the problem and your sanitized file, which hopefully will lead to someone on the product development team digging into it to find and fix the source of the problem. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.