Backup for Quicken on the Web?

I've been using Quicken for a while now, and I love it. Just bought a new laptop, and I decided to get away from Windows, so I bought a Chromebook. That means that I will no longer be using Quicken for the PC, but I will be using Quicken on the Web, which I also like quite a bit. Being quite obsessed with backing up my data, is there any way to get my Quicken cloud data for local backup purposes, in such a way that it could be restored to the cloud should the cloud data be lost or compromised? Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Hello @prbell123

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report to ask your question.

The mobile and web applications are companion apps that work in conjunction with the desktop version.

The web application is not a stand-alone product and there is not a backup option for the web application I apologize.

If you are looking to move to an online option you may want to take a look at Quicken's new product, Simplifi.

https://www.simplifimoney.com/

I hope this helps to clarify.
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • prbell123
    prbell123 Member ✭✭
    Thank you Tyka for this helpful information. I will definitely check out Simplifi. This prompts a few questions about Simplifi: 1) Where in the cloud would my data be stored (is it safe and secure)? 2) Does Simplifi have a data backup capability? 3) The Simplifi FAQ says that it cannot import Quicken data, but it also said that data import capability will be added in the future. Is it likely that the ability to import my existing Quicken data will be added in the future?

Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.