Memorize question

When I try to memorize a payee that was previously memorized, the category field doesn't update to the new category that I memorized. Can this be resolved?

Best Answer

Answers

• davecreasy
    davecreasy Member ✭✭
    I did not! Thanks for the tip. I'll see if that works.
  • Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    @davecreasy Also, note that you can have multiple entries for a memorized payee, one for each payee/category combination.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro
  • davecreasy
    davecreasy Member ✭✭
    Yes - I now see that. I'm going through the list and cleaning it up.

My other issue is the "find" function. I've used Quicken for 20+ years. Previously when I clicked on Find, the field that I was in auto-filled the window that I wanted to search for. Now I need to type in what I want to look for. Is there a fix? This is painful and time consuming.

Thanks again
  • Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    @davecreasy Yes, I did participate in that discussion, I'm still using Quicken 2017 where Find still populates the search fields, but Find and Replace does not, so I have the best of both worlds now, when did they change that?

My biggest complaint with Find/Find All and Find and Replace is that there is no time constraint, I usually want to see more recent transactions, not every one from the beginning of time, which can make the query slow.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rich_M have you tried the search field in the All Transactions register? You can specify the date range there. 

All Transactions link is at the top of the Account Bar. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    @mshiggins Yes, but I don't use that register much.  I generally don't use Find much either, my go to for this type of searching is reports, just putting my 2 cents in to get in the fray.  I especially like to use the report buttons in the payee and category fields, where you can quickly get a report for the last 12 months, without typing anything.
This discussion has been closed.