Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

PNC and Chase Loan Accounts went to Zero Balance after Last update 10/13/20

Hi,

The account balances on my Chase Auto and PNC Mortgage show as paid off with the 10/13 update of accounts. As good as it sounds, they are not paid off. Tried reset, de activate and re-added the accounts to no avail. Thoughts?

Answers

• Hello @marksteele

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I do know this was an issue in one of the recent version of quicken but a patch has been released since then. Let's try seeing if with a mondo patch we're able to get the accounts back to where they should be.

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Once you download and install the update try updating the accounts and see if we're still experiencing the same issues. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Unfortunately the patch did not work. I did instal then update. We still have zero balances.
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

The Update procedure, states to do a Backup / Manual Backup of your Quicken Data File, before beginning. Did you do a Manual Backup? Do you have Manual Backups of your Quicken Data File?

Backups should be done before closing Quicken.

Have you Restore your last Manual Backup? If not, why not?
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R31.20  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21322.1000
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.804

Note: Product What's New in Quicken is grayed out.. Also Year is stuck on 2020 and Copyright Date is stuck 2018 in About Quicken.

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• Of course I have a backup. Unfortunately I did a lot of manual work on investments before I realized the two accounts had been zeroed out. I would prefer a fix to the update that caused the problem.
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I would guess that it is impossible to "fix your data".

Even though they hide it, there is a register, with what has been sent up to that point.  And then you have a bug that comes in a wipes things out.  They probably have no clue at "what data got delete" or how to restore it back to the way it was.  The only thing they can really fix is stopping whatever caused the problem from repeating.

A restore from a backup is your best bet.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • Thanks Chris. Well I did restore from the backup immediately before the update. The loan balances were restored however when I updated the accounts it once zeroed out those two accounts.
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well then there are a couple of things I can suggest.  One is to install the latest patch from here in the hopes that they have fixed the problem in a patch you don't have.
    After installing it try restoring from the backup and then updating to see if the problem goes away.

If it doesn't another thought is to restore from the backup, then go into the Account Details -> Online Services and change to manual updating, and try the update.  This will not be something you can reverse, you will have to leave them as manual accounts, but in reality for most loans downloading is of little value because you can use the loan wizard to have the correct split transaction in your checking account and that reconcile will take care of most of making sure the loan account is correct.  It will also give you the account register back so that you can make changes if you have to.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • Well I figured it out. I deleted the two accounts and the added them back. Thanks for your help.