Discover Bank always downloads duplicate transaction

Hi, I am a new user of Quicken for Mac and have been experiencing issues with my Discover Checking Account. On an initial download it works fine, however, the next day when downloading new transactions it will download duplicates (randomly). It does this without any consistencies, for example, it might only download a couple of transactions from the previous day, etc.

When I add the Sync ID column to view the IDs are different, so that explains why they are downloading, but doesn't explain why it would be different. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I do also use TillerHQ and MS Money for Excel but have removed the Discover Bank just in case that is causing the issue. Thanks,

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @jehart17,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you currently have running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken
    Also, do you know if this recently started happening or has it been this way since you first added your Discover account?

Last, I just wanted to add this support article for your reference. It contains information on what could cause duplicate transactions to occur.

Please, check back and let us know!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jeham
    jeham Member
    Hi sure thing. My version is Version 5.18.2 (Build 518.35919.100)

This has been happening since adding Discover, it also happens when I remove and re-add the Discover account.

I have already checked out the support article and it didn't help. Thanks.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jeham

Thank you for the response and the additional details. I have a few additional questions and steps to help me further isolate the cause of this issue.

First, do you sync transactions for use with the mobile app? If you are unsure, this can be confirmed by navigating to Quicken > Preferences > Mobile, Web & Alerts.

As a test, can you please try turning sync off and see if the duplication persists.

It may take a day or two to test if you do not have available transactions to download.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jeham
    jeham Member
    Hi,

No, I wasn't using mobile sync and confirmed this was indeed turned off.

Thanks for the suggestions!
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    jeham said:
    When I add the Sync ID column to view the IDs are different, so that explains why they are downloading, but doesn't explain why it would be different. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
    1) Examine the FITID column, not the Sync ID, for differences between the original and the duplicate transactions.

2) What connection method are you using for this Discover Bank account: Web Connect, Quicken Connect, or Direct Connect?

3) If provided by the bank, download a QFX file (may be called a Quicken file, or an OFX file) of your recent transactions. Match up the FITID values in the QFX file with the transactions in the Quicken register. Do the originals transactions match, or do the duplicates match?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • jeham
    jeham Member
    Hi,

Just wanted to give a quick update, that my laptop has been sent in for hardware repairs to Apple. Once it returns I will try your suggestions. Thanks for sending these along!
This discussion has been closed.