RBC bank US wont download transactions and wont provide an error message

Dear Quicken community,

For the past few days, Quicken has stopped downloading my transactions at RBC bank (US). Earlier I had error messages. Then I retyped my card number and password and the error messages stopped yet transactions are not downloading.

Any pointers to solving this problem would be very appreciated.

Currently using:
Quicken for Mac 5.18.2

Franc

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @fmachildo,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you currently have running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken
    To start with, I suggest that you deactivate and reactivate online services on the account. Please, review this support article to deactivate and this support article to reactivate.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• fmarchildo
    fmarchildo Member ✭✭
    Hi Anja,
    I am currently using: Quicken for Mac 5.18.2
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Hello @fmarchildo

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

May I ask that you please navigate to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services?

Please look for a blue "Reset" and select it to reset the cloud. This may take a few minutes to complete.

Once this has completed, do you receive any error messages, or do the transactions download by chance?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • fmarchildo
    fmarchildo Member ✭✭
    Hello Tyka,
    Thanks for taking the time to help. I was successful at following your advice as well as Anja earlier. I reseted the cloud services and I deactivate and reactivate my online services. When I reactivated my services, Quicken did found all my online accounts and they were linked to my quicken accounts. However, there was still no transactions downloaded into quicken.

Sincerely,

Franc
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @fmarchildo

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that this trouble continues to persist.

I would next Deactivate the RBC  account(s) and reconnecting them following the steps shown below.

To deactivate an account:
    1. Click on the account name in the bar down the side of Quicken Mac
    2. Click the Settings gear icon in the bottom right corner
    3. Click the Troubleshooting button
    4. Click the Deactivate Downloads button
    5. Click Save
    This will need to be repeated for each RBC account.

Once all of the accounts have been deactivated, click on the (+) to add a new account and choose "Checking".

A new account won't be added, this method is used to link multiple accounts at the same FI at the same time.

Ensure that the action column states "LINK" and not "ADD" as this will create a duplicate account.

Also, verify that the account name on the left matches the Quicken account name on the right.

If all looks well, select "Continue" and the accounts should be set up for automatic download.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • fmarchildo
    fmarchildo Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your help Quicken_Tyka. I could complete all the steps that you suggested. However, Quicken failed at downloading any new transactions. Another odd thing is that Quicken converts my linked accounts to Canadian currency while they are in US currency.

Sincerely,

Franc
This discussion has been closed.