CC-502 Error on Multiple Accounts Since 10/09/20

I found this topic saying my issue is supposedly resolved since 10/8/20
RESOLVED 10/8/20: CC-502 or Error 102 with several banks

This is most DEFINITELY not resolved. 3 of my accounts have been receiving this error since Friday and are not working.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Dezran,

Sorry to hear you are having connection issues.

Are the errors all with the same bank (but different accounts) or does it cover more than one bank?  Can you give us the name(s) of the banks?  Also which type of connection(s) are you using - Direct Connect, Express Web Connect, or Web Connect?

Get back to me and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Dezran
    Dezran Member ✭✭
    Your email address bounced the email back to me. So here is the response I tried to send in email:

According to the posting I found in the community, there was a known error for the CC-502 error that was cleared. I did not have this problem until 10/9 or 10/10.

It was 3 completely separate accounts over the weekend.
    This morning, I was finally able to get Overstock to reconnect by resetting the account. Of course, it pulled 2 transactions that I had already cleared, but at least it's connected.

Venmo tries to connect, and I even get an email letting me know a new device has been approved and connected, but Quicken eventually throws an error saying it can't connect.
    FedEx Consumer Credit Association refuses to connect period. It always throws a cc-502 error, and I have not been able to connect to my savings or checking account with them since Friday.

So currently, it is two accounts, Venmo and FECCA. Both are completely unrelated accounts.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Dezran,

Usually this type of error is produced when the financial institution is doing maintenance on their servers, although getting the error for 3 different FI's at the same time is unusual.

Glad that you were able to connect to the first one.  For the other two, I suggest that you refresh your account information, as follows:
    1. Open the transaction register for the account with the error message.
    2. Click the Gear Icon in the upper right of the register and select Update Now.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
    4. Repeat these steps for each account with this error.
    5. Close out of Quicken and sign back in.
    If the above doesn't work, I would give it another day.  If they are still not downloading - contact Quicken Support vis this LINK.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dezran - The issue you are seeing might or might not be related to the Alert you referenced.  The Alert that was posted indicates that there was an uncommon reason for the CC-502 errors and that the reason for it was fixed.  So, my assumption is that it was fixed and that you are seeing CC-502 for another reason.
    CC-502 errors usually mean Quicken was not able to make a good connection with the Financial Institution (FI) and usually it is due to site maintenance.  Normally, the advice offered by @Frankx (to try Update Now and/or to wait until the next business day to try again) will result in good connection being reestablished. 
    However, sometimes CC-502 errors, especially when multiple FIs are involved and when updating the next business day doesn't resolve the issue, can indicate that something on the aggregator's server might need to be reset.  This is something that only Quicken Support can do.  It is important to not try deactivate/reactivate accounts that have CC-502 errors as it can cause other issues.  If Update Now or running OSU by tomorrow does not resolve your issue, you should contact Quicken Support.  You can read more about it here: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-cc-502.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Dezran
    Dezran Member ✭✭
    This started on Saturday and has not resolved. And I have tried multiple times each day to update the account. Closing Quicken and using the gear icon > Update Now fixed that account.
    However, my bank account... the single most important account I use Quicken for... is still giving the CC-502 error even after a restart. Please advise how we move this up...
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    @Dezran - Glad to hear that another of your accounts updated after Update Now.  It means it was likely site maintenance that caused the CC-502 error and once the site maintenance was completed the connection could be restored.
    Regarding your bank account:  @Frankx, the Quicken Support article and I noted that you should keep trying Update Now and that if the issue still exists tomorrow (the next business day) you will need to contact Quicken Support for assistance.
    In the meantime, if you need to download transactions before the issue is resolved you could try to download your FECCA transactions data via Web Connect (log into your online account and manually download transactions from there). The fidir.txt file shows that FECCA does support Web Connect so maybe that is still working.  If you do this be sure to select the QFX or Quicken format for the download.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• OzarkBee
    OzarkBee Member ✭✭
    @Dezran - I too am having the same issue with connectivity to FECCA, with none of the support article steps being productive. My CC-502 errors also began on 10/9. Did support provide you any insight into the issue?
  • Dezran
    Dezran Member ✭✭
    Not really. Ultimately, I had to contact Quicken support by phone, so they could raise the issue with their tech support team to investigate. Last night, I managed to connect to my bank once. This morning, it won't connect again, and now I have 2 separate accounts that will not connect. Venmo (CC-505) and my bank (CC-502). And my investment account has thrown an error several times over the last few days, but after 3 attempts this morning, finally connected and updated
  • Dezran
    Dezran Member ✭✭
    Actually, Venmo started not connecting again is a better way to put it. It wasn't, then it was, now it isn't again.
  • OzarkBee
    OzarkBee Member ✭✭
    My FECCA accounts have been consistently receiving the CC-502 error since 10/9 and haven't downloaded transactions since that date.
  • OzarkBee
    OzarkBee Member ✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Well...It updated once today, but now back to the CC-502's...
  • Dezran
    Dezran Member ✭✭
    Same thing. Updated last night, now it's back to cc-502's again. This is weird and getting really annoying... Another thing that's getting annoying is that I'm getting no updates from my support request. So I don't know if they've found the problem and are working on a solution, or just ignoring it and hoping it will go away on its own.
  • Dezran
    Dezran Member ✭✭
    I should also note, Venmo is throwing a CC-505 error. It cleared with an account reset on Monday and worked for a couple days, then started throwing this error. I don't use it much, fortunately, so it's mostly an annoyance. But it also updates sporadically.
    Oddly, I can now do an account reset on it and even get through 2-factor request and notification that another device has connected to my Venmo account... But then the reset says it can't connect.
  • Dezran
    Dezran Member ✭✭
    Hey Quicken guys... Whatever this is, it's getting worse. I've got 2 banks (FECCA and HSBS) throwing a CC-502 and Venmo throwing a CC-505 error now.
    Someone please get back with me about this. It's getting ridiculous.
  • Dezran
    Dezran Member ✭✭
    Scratch that. Venmo is throwing a CC-585 error now. Last night, it was a CC-505. Didn't notice the difference until I looked at it again.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    hello @Dezran

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you have not done so already, I would start by taking a moment to review the steps and information available here.

If trouble persists, I would wait for an additional 24-48 hours to see if this issue resolves itself. That the error message changing so frequently could be an indication that it will self-correct.

Please let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Dezran
    Dezran Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > hello @Dezran
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.
    >
    > If you have not done so already, I would start by taking a moment to review the steps and information available here.
    >
    > If trouble persists, I would wait for an additional 24-48 hours to see if this issue resolves itself. That the error message changing so frequently could be an indication that it will self-correct.
    >
    > Please let us know how it goes!
    > -Quicken Tyka

This has been going on off and on for over 2 weeks... So I think we have gone way beyond the "wait for an additional 24-48 hours".
  • Dezran
    Dezran Member ✭✭
    For the first time in a while, I managed to get every account to sync tonight. Let us see if it can happen again tomorrow.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Dezran

Glad to hear you were finally successful - as a post mortem did you do anything - did you do anything different?  Any thoughts on what may have helped?

Frankx

• Dezran
    Dezran Member ✭✭
    I took a couple days to respond to ensure it was going to continue working.
    No, I didn't do anything different. I clicked the gear and picked Update Now for all but Venmo. That wasn't working for Venmo, so ultimately, I had to reset that account again to get it working. So far after 3 days, everything is working.
This discussion has been closed.