How Do I Download Old Transactions?

saberman
saberman Member ✭✭✭
How do I get Quicken to download old transactions from an investment account

[Note for Mods: Post was pulled from archive per SU request. Please do not re-archive.]

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    While the FAQ cited by Greg_the_Geek is the way to do it,  a lot of brokerages do not provide the ability to download a Web Connect QFX file.  You may get lucky with yours, but don't be surprised if they don't.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• saberman
    saberman Member ✭✭✭
    Who controls the date for transaction downloaded via Web Connect? If it is Quicken is it possible to change the last download date so Quicken asks for older transactions?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    saberman said:
    Who controls the date for transaction downloaded via Web Connect? If it is Quicken is it possible to change the last download date so Quicken asks for older transactions?
    Web Connect is YOU logging into the financial institution's website and doing a download of a .QFX file following any restrictions the FI might impose, Quicken has no control over that part.
    Which FI are you dealing with?  The FIDIR.txt will indicate whether they support Web Connect downloads.

• saberman
    saberman Member ✭✭✭
    >Which FI are you dealing with?
    Fidelity Investments
    >The FIDIR.txt will indicate whether they support Web Connect downloads.
    Where is that?
  • saberman
    saberman Member ✭✭✭
    >download of a .QFX file
    Quicken connects to the FI, logs in, specifies the account
    Does the FI create an .QFX file and pass it to Quicken or are individual transactions passed?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The FIDIR.txt file is a hidden file (you need to change Windows settings to see them) located at:  C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\Localweb\Banklist\2019\
    It appears that Fidelity Investments does NOT support Web Connect downloads.

• saberman
    saberman Member ✭✭✭
    I finally created the account as a new account. Ran the download. It said it was downloading transactions for the last 81 days. However it was missing a lot.
    I gave up and manually created the transactions I was missing from the FI's activity report.
    Then I deleted the new account.
This discussion has been closed.