Duplicate Transactions for Chase Transfers

Options
Austin@
Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
I have both a Checking and a Savings account with Chase, and I am consistently seeing an issue where whenever I transfer funds between the two accounts (whether I initiate the transfer via the Quicken Register using Intra-Bank Funds Transfer, or via Chase's website), 3 transactions are downloaded when the transfer posts instead of 2.

For a transfer of $500 from Checking to Savings, here's what's supposed to happen:

2 transactions should download:
- 1 Transaction should download to Checking account in the amount of -$500.
- 1 Transaction should download to Savings account in the amount of +$500.

In actuality, 3 transactions are downloading:
- 1 transaction downloads to Checking account in the amount of -$500.
- 2 transactions download to Savings account, as follows:
  • One transaction in the amount of -$500.
  • Another transaction in the amount of +$500.
Any other Chase users out there who are experiencing a similar issue? I've worked with Quicken Support on it and they say it's Chase's fault, but when I talk to Chase, they claim that they only provide transactions for download into Quicken that match online statements from their website, and my statements are all correct and only show the 2 transactions (a negative one for checking account, and a positive one for savings account).

I'm baffled at this point. I just know that whenever I do a transfer between accounts, I need to remember to delete the extra transaction that downloads.

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Hello @Austin@,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken
    Also, we may need some additional information in order to better assist you.
    • How long have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Which connection type are you using to download transactions (Quicken Connect or Direct Connect)?

Please, check back and let us know!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Hi @Quicken Anja,

I am using the most recent version of Quicken Deluxe 2020 for Mac (Version 5.18.2), running on macOS Catalina 10.15.7.

I am using Direct Connect to download transactions from Chase and perform Intra-Bank Fund Transfers between my accounts with them.

I have been experiencing this issue since I started using Quicken with my Chase accounts (January of 2018).

Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.