Fidelity Accounts (3) not recognized... Not Updating

Options
jco
jco Member ✭✭
I've been getting this message for the past 3-days. Ol-304-A Error. I have screen shots if I can figure out how to send them.

[Edited photo to remove any personal info]

Best Answer

• knuthvol4
    knuthvol4 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Update:

I solved it in my case.

On the account credentials that was failing, I had an additional brokerage IRA account which was closed in 2018. I had made this account hidden in Quicken.  But it was apparently still active somehow in the account update.  

I deactivated updates in this closed account, and the error disappeared in the current account.

So, apparently, the closed account was still connected and updating, and Fidelity must have finally deleted it on their end.

Hope this helps others,

Larry

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A bit more info is needed in order to assist you.
    What Q product, and what BUILD of that product are you running?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.
    How do you have these accounts set up in Q?  There's at least 1 taxable brokerage account (the account number that starts with an X in your graphic).  Do you have it set up as such? 
    What type are the other accounts, both at Fidelity and in Q?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• knuthvol4
    knuthvol4 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have the same problem that started at the same time.  I have had Fidelity accounts for decades and never had any Quicken problems until now.

Presently I have 2 Fidelity accounts.  A taxable brokerage account, which exhibits this error.  And an IRA brokerage account, which does not exhibit the error.  These two accounts have different login credentials (the IRA is my wife's).

I am running subscription Quicken for Windows 10.
    Quicken Premier 2020
    Version R29.22
    Build 27.1.29.22

I have tried the posted suggestions by Quicken support and others.

Help is appreciated,

Larry

• knuthvol4
    knuthvol4 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Update:

I solved it in my case.

On the account credentials that was failing, I had an additional brokerage IRA account which was closed in 2018. I had made this account hidden in Quicken.  But it was apparently still active somehow in the account update.  

I deactivated updates in this closed account, and the error disappeared in the current account.

So, apparently, the closed account was still connected and updating, and Fidelity must have finally deleted it on their end.

Hope this helps others,

Larry
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @leskoonk, THANK YOU.  This is quite helpful.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.