Why is Payee and Category not accurate anymore.

Payee Data and Category do not give info needed. JuPos Deb 1759 10/06/20 16513726 D Uncategorized. I am a long time user and this Payee info is impossible to decipher. Savings Bank of Walpole. MAC OS 10.13.6 Lil

Best Answer

Answers

• John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    This is how your bank downloads the transaction to Quicken. If you don't know what it is for, you should call your bank.
  • Lilykn
    Lilykn Member ✭✭
    Thank you. Suddenly, All of the transactions are similar to this one, are saying my bank changed what they do? I will call them.
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Another thing to consider is that many of us put our transactions in before downloading them. Quicken will be able to find and match them after you download and then you'll already have the correct payee, date, and category entered.
  • Lilykn
    Lilykn Member ✭✭
    Thanks but I would not ever enter the data first. That was Quicken 1st edition for me 100 years ago.
    The bank did change the way they input Payee data and claim if I click on the field all the info will show up. That is not happening. Does Quicken limit the number of characters it will download in the Payee field?
  • Lilykn
    Lilykn Member ✭✭
    Yes you are so right. I'm a "live with it" sort of gal. Thanks for the chat.
This discussion has been closed.