Quicken tells me I have tasks to perform, but...

When downloading account information from Charles Schwab & Co., I routinely receive notifications when, say, dividends post or my quarterly advisory fees are deducted from my investment accounts. Until the last two days, this download process has worked without error. Just yesterday, however, I received a "you have tasks to perform in this account" notification, and when I clicked on the red flag to take me to the account to verify and accept the transactions, the transactions (in this particular case, dividends) fail to appear. I have run the "Validate and Repair" option without effect. All of my other downloaded transactions in other banking/investment accounts continue to work without issue. Can anyone suggest what the issue might be? Thanks in advance!

Answers

• AlanB
    AlanB Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Tom. I can see the transactions under "Tools, Online Center" but when I select "Compare to List," they still do not show up in the register or give me an option to accept them. Also copied my data file and validated the copy without success. Greatly appreciate your input!
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @AlanB

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your data file.  Given that the above steps did not work, I would suggest that you restore a recent backup dated prior to when these recent problems appeared.  Here's a LINK on how to do that.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• AlanB
    AlanB Member ✭✭
    Thank you, Franx. Did that as well, going back one week when all was in proper working order. Unfortunately, the problem persists. I can still see the transactions in the Online Center but cannot get them from the Online Center to the account register. Beginning to wonder if this might actually be an issue with Charles Schwab as opposed to Quicken...?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Hello @AlanB

Thank you for your response and for letting us know the results of restoring a backup, although I apologize that the trouble continues to persist.

If you have not done so already, I would next run a super validate.

To do so, please hold CONTROL + SHIFT  and navigate to File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

If the trouble persists after completing this step, I would reach out to support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • AlanB
    AlanB Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Tyka. An update to all: the problem has been resolved by Quicken Support. Basically I performed two separate validations and turned automatic downloading of transactions in the affected accounts from "off" to "on" and then restarted the program. Once the transactions automatically downloaded from the online center to the account registers, I was able to re-start the program and restore automatic downloading back to "off" to allow me to review transactions before accepting them. So far, all seems to be back to normal and working properly; will give things a few more days to make sure no additional problems exist, but so far, so good!
  • leonard kearney
    leonard kearney Member ✭✭✭
    having same issue. will try super validate
This discussion has been closed.