Problems with adding Google Store Account (Synch Bank)

Options
I tried to add my new Google Store Account into Quicken, but can't get past the login phase. I have verified that username and password are correct (I can log in fine via the web browser). Sync Bank tech support says everything is fine on their end, and to check with Quicken (SIGH)

So...has anyone else had this issue? We have other Sync bank cards which connect with no issues.

The error (after entering the UN & PWD and it tries to connect) is:
"Did you mis-type your sign in info? Please retype your sign in info for Google Store Financing Account"

Quicken has this for the Google Store Financing ink: https://credit.syf.com/consum****/login.do?subActionId=****&clientId=google&accountType=plcc

which resolves to https://google.syf.com/login/

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Jen112,

Can you tell us what error code you are receiving when you attempt to connect the account?  That will help us understand what's going awry.

Also, how long is your password for the account?  If it is more than 16 characters, Quicken has a 16 character limit.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Frankx said:
    Hi @Jen112,

Also, how long is your password for the account?  If it is more than 16 characters, Quicken has a 16 character limit.
    Just for the record Quicken doesn't have a 16 character password limit.  There might be that limit set because of a financial institution sent that information through Intuit, but I have a 19 character password on one of my Express Web Connect accounts (as it turns out it is Synchrony bank) and for Direct Connect it is the OFX limit, which is 32 characters.

That isn't to say trying a shorter password might be a good idea.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Chris_QPW,

That's interesting... perhaps that is something new?  I know that I had an issue with a password that was too long and I had to change it, but that was a couple of years ago.

However, I also note that the current Quicken guidance for error code CC-503 states:

"Step Two: Verify your bank login at the bank's website

1. Go to your bank's website and use your credentials to log in to the bank's website.
    2. Confirm that you're able to log in to the bank's website with the expected username and password.

Please note, Quicken has a 16-character limit for bank passwords. If your bank password is longer than 16 characters, it will need to be shortened."

And that guidance was last updated as of 4/30/2020...

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well all I can say is it won't be the first time that a Quicken article was wrong.  I have had the same 19 character password for that account for years.
    Signature:
  • Jen112
    Jen112 Member ✭✭
    Options
    There is no error "code" just the error message after it attempts to connect. And my password is under 16 char
    Login works from the browser
  • Jen112
    Jen112 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Is there a list of prohibited characters in a password?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jen112 said:
    Is there a list of prohibited characters in a password?
    Yes for Quicken Connect (Above I said Express Web Connect, but that is the name for Windows, for Mac is is Quicken Connect) this article has the list:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/password-vault-your-bank-could-not-use-password-you-entered
    Signature:
  • Jen112
    Jen112 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Oh well...it wasn't that...I changed pwd and removed all special char and it still returned the same message.

> @Chris_QPW said:
    > (Quote)
    > Yes for Quicken Connect (Above I said Express Web Connect, but that is the name for Windows, for Mac is is Quicken Connect) this article has the list:
    > https://www.quicken.com/support/password-vault-your-bank-could-not-use-password-you-entered
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Hi @Jen112,

Have you "registered" your account with the Google Store for Synchrony Bank website for "Online Access"?  If not, you need to do that first.

See these Snips:

• Jen112
    Jen112 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes of course...did that first, and have no problem logging in via the browser. Chatted with Sync Bank tech support and they say everything fine on their end.
    I even changed pwd to see if any special char were having an issue, but still no luck.

> @Frankx said:
    > Hi @Jen112,
    >
    > Have you "registered" your account with the Google Store for Synchrony Bank website for "Online Access"?  If not, you need to do that first.
    >
    > See these Snips:
    > (Image)
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again @Jen112

Sorry to hear that you still cannot connect.  I suggest that you contact Quicken Support for some troubleshooting by using this LINK.

Let us know how that goes and what the solution was.

Thanks.

Frankx

• Jen112
    Jen112 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Eureka! it was the username which was case sensitive and changing due to aurocorrect! SOLVED!
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Happy to hear that it is now fixed!!  Now turn off the "autocorrect"...

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.