USAA Quicken Connect Transactions Not Downloading, All Other Institutions Are Downloading

Options
Robert Galley
Robert Galley Member ✭✭✭
Since appx 9/26/2020 I have been unable to successfully download USAA transactions from all accounts: checking, savings, credit cards, etc. All other institutions (banks, Schwab) continue to work correctly with Quicken Connect. Each day, Attempt #1 shows following Msg for USAA transactions only: "Download Error (-30), MFA Required Action, Last Attempt 9/26/2020 8:26 AM, 0 new transactions downloaded.". An immediate Attempt #2 results in "Last Connection Successful, N transactions downloaded" but none from USAA are downloaded. An Attempt #3 gets the same results.

I have not altered the MFA process or credentials. I did attempt to update by using the Update button in the Action for each account individually, but the results are the same.

I have not yet called USAA on this but want to ensure that this is not a Quicken issue before I do call them. Any suggestions or ideas?

Best Answer

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Robert Galley,

Have you migrated your USAA accounts over to Charles Schwab yet?  Please see the following links:

https://www.quicken.com/support/usaa-investment-accounts-not-updating

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7876582/resolved-7-25-20-new-6-4-20-usaa-investment-account-transition-to-schwab

Get back to us if you have any followup questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Robert Galley
    Robert Galley Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Hi @Frankx,

Thanks for making sure about this. Yes, I added my migrated Schwab accounts to Quicken on May 26,2020 (and closed the USAA accounts). All is working well with Schwab downloads and other banks.

This is affecting my USAA account across the board: checking, savings, credit cards.

Thx again for the response
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As @Frankx said you need to switch from Quicken Connect to Direct Connect.

Quicken Connect has never been reliable with USAA, and especially not with MFA.

Direct Connect on the other hand has its own security model and as such isn't affected by MFA.  Direct Connect is free at USAA and much more reliable.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Robert Galley
    Robert Galley Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Frankx, thank you for the links and for the Direct Connect recommendation. Worked like a champ! I appreciate your assistance!
  • Robert Galley
    Robert Galley Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Chris_QPW, thanks for the MFA insight and Direct Connect recommendation. I really like the improved security processing. I appreciate your assistance!
  • pari
    pari Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm still have the same problem with Quicken not connecting to USAA for regular bank accounts. I was on with Quicken support for over an hour using screen share. No luck. I am using Direct Connect. HELP!!
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Robert Galley

Glad to hear it worked!  And happy to help.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @pari Since you aren't using Quicken Connect, your problem is different.  I suggest you start your own question/thread so that is can be discussed separately.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.