Herrick Inman
Herrick Inman Member ✭✭✭
Since 10/24/2020, PNC Bank - Web Connect returns error code CC-502

Best Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report that you are still experiencing trouble when attempting to download.

The issues with PNC bank are still ongoing, this has been acknowledged and is being worked on.

Please visit the alert available here and "bookmark" the conversation by clicking on the gold star in the top right-hand corner.

There is no ETA available at this time, when there is more information available the alert above will be updated and you will be notified by email.

Thank you
    -Quicken Tyka

Answers

• cyndiman
    cyndiman Member
    I keep getting the CC-502error from PNC Bank
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @cyndiman,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Please, review and follow the error-specific steps found in this support article regarding error CC-502.

If the steps are unsuccessful, then after 24 hours or more, as stated at the bottom of the article, you will need to contact Quicken Support via phone or chat. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files to find the internal error and file for an escalation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @cyndiman,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your downloading from PNC.  There are no other reports of issues with PNC.

I suggest that you review the guidance located at this LINK.  One important items is that you should not "deactivate and reactivate" your accounts in trying to fix this error.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• dkump
    dkump Member ✭✭✭
    I've been having the same problem all day. Direct connect is working fine, but web connect and wallet accounts fail with CC-502.
  • schwepper
    schwepper Member ✭✭
    Hello, I keep getting cc-502 error while attempting to download transactions from PNC via Web Connect. Was working fine until few days ago. I haven't changed anything and other account from different bank works fine.
    Quicken Deluxe R29.22 Build 27.1.29.22 Win 10
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @schwepper,

Just double checking - you said you use "Web Connect" for downloading transactions from PNC Bank and you are a Windows user.  That is when you go to the bank's website and download a file and then upload it into Quicken.  Is all that correct?

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• schwepper
    schwepper Member ✭✭
    No, I guess I meant to say EXPRESS Web Connect.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @schwepper,

Okay thanks.  I see that another user just also reported this problem.  This issue could be cause by the bank doing maintenance on its servers.  Here's a link to some additional information about this error code LINK.

Note - that you should NOT deactivate and then reactivate your accounts in Quicken for this could cause other problems.  I would suggest that you give it some time and try again later today or tomorrow morning.  If it still doesn't connect, then I would suggest you contact Quicken Support via this LINK.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

• dkump
    dkump Member ✭✭✭
    I spoke to PNC today. They're aware of the issue. Not sure if the problem is on the Quicken or PNC side. I created a new Quicken file with PNC on the line but you get the same error creating a new account in a new file. I wouldn't bother disconnecting and reconnecting because it won't let you connect a new account. We'll have to hang tight until they sort it out.
  • jethinnes
    jethinnes Member
    Other PNC accounts (Savings and Checking) are working. Was receiving CC-550 for a couple of days, but then I received a 2 factor request (code sent to my phone). Switched to CC-502 last couple of days. Shows last update 10/21/2020. There has been other cleared activity on this account since that date.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @jethinnes,

Thank you for reporting this error here in the Community.  

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider and PNC to have this resolved as soon as possible. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• HWGuthrie
    HWGuthrie Member ✭✭
    Having this issue as well. Bookmarked the Alert as recommended and will wait for a resolution.
  • mohrdj11
    mohrdj11 Member ✭✭
    Same issue happening to me.
  • fjh
    fjh Member ✭✭
    I’m getting this too. Running update also asks for authentication which it’s never done before this error popped up.
  • ddmcam330
    ddmcam330 Member ✭✭
    Same here this morning. Got prompted for second factor code to my mobile device, in Quicken, when connecting to PNC, which is first time i've ever seen this. Received second factor code, entered it on Quicken side, but still failed to download.
  • selldan
    selldan Member ✭✭
    Just chiming in that I am experiencing the same issue.
  • dkump
    dkump Member ✭✭✭
    FYI. You can turn off two-step verification in your PNC settings, but Quicken still prompts for your mobile device and code, and then fails to download.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Why is this taking 3+ days to fix? I talked to PNC and it's a Quicken problem, not a PNC problem. PNC seems to be more informed about this than Quicken.
  • Same issue for me
  • dkump
    dkump Member ✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised PNC was more informed. However PNC implied it could be a problem on their side. Looks to me like PNC is now requiring two step authentication and Quicken was not aware of the change. Quicken would have to react, but may not be the cause of the issue. It's very frustrating when I can't download transactions, but express web connect is not elegant and any vendor can break Quicken.
  • Lynchs826
    Lynchs826 Member ✭✭
    My experience with PNC is that their technology is 2nd or 3rd rate at best. Combined with the fragility of the Quicken platform this makes for what could be a protracted outage. And I just re-upped my subscription!
  • fjh
    fjh Member ✭✭
    I can connect to PNC website through my laptop without two factor. I can also connect to PNC accounts using mobile app without two-factor. Why does Quicken all of a sudden ask for it?
  • mwhite7779
    mwhite7779 Member ✭✭
    I'm getting the same issue sinc the 10-23.
  • jtkilcoin
    jtkilcoin Member
    my issue present since 10-20. When attempting a download, it does have two-factor authentication but still unsuccessful in downloading.
  • selldan
    selldan Member ✭✭
    Could the moderator please update this group discussion?
  • dioxide45
    dioxide45 Member ✭✭
    I have been having issues connecting to PNC since the end of September. I switched from Web Connect to Direct Connect and it downloaded transactions but then stopped again. Here is the error I see when trying to connect using Quicken for Mac;

AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (CP_SCRIPT_ERROR:ccscrape.141)
  • Tony4
    Tony4 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    We can't download transactions. When will this be fixed?
  • Lynchs826
    Lynchs826 Member ✭✭
    FWIW, Direct Connect with PNC worked for me this morning (6:30am EDT).
This discussion has been closed.